Chapter 1

Dying sucks. I don't see why people over romantacize it. It hurts so damn much. I mean you know your going to bite the big one and you can't do anything about it. Unless you're me and a vampire draws blood from himself and make you drink it. Then you'll just be throwing up water for a while. As I am doing now.

"Rozalina?" Alexander's worried voice reached my ears and I slowly opened my eyelids that seemed to weigh a ton. When I finally did I saw his eyes, the color of sapphire, frantically searching my emerald ones. I tried to sit up but Alexander gently pushed me back down gently. "Be still Rozalina." He murmered rubbing his thumb across my cheek. I sighed and blinked slowly trying to look around.

"Where....where am I?" I asked and then mentally kicked myself for asking the cliché question.

"You're in a cabin, Ashley and Mike are in the other two rooms, sleeping." He answered rubbing slow circles across my cheek.

"What happened? I remember being by the lake, Ashley had jumped in and was trying to goad me into hopping in with her, then that awful bitch showed up out of nowhere and you did too, you two were fighting over me... T-Then..." I turned to face face him with a murderous gleam in my eye "You. You attacked Mike! I'll kill you!" I attempted to rise but he held me down.

"Calm yourself Rozalina. Your precious 'Mike' is fine." His jaw visibly clenched and I smiled internally.

"Your jealousy is unbecoming." I smirked allowing him to hold me down.

"Hush. You enjoy twisting my unbeating heart don't you?" He asked growling deep in his throat.

"I'm quite fond of it, yes." I laughed softly, then clutched my sides. It felt like each rib was puncturing each of my internal organs. Alexander frowned.

"Your ribs are broken, along with your left leg and hip."

"I broke my hip? Well sign me up for Shaddy Oaks I'm an old woman." I threw arms into the air and gave an exasperated sigh.

"I'm a great deal older than you, my dear." He chuckled. I smiled at him. Times like this I could almost forget my hatred toward him. I started to wheeze and our laughter died. Alexander's signature frown found its way back onto his face. "I need Cameron here." He sighed, frustrated.

"Why do you need Cameron?" I asked.

"He has medical training, when you're around a few hundred years one picks up a few hobbies."

"You call being a doctor a hobby?" I asked surprised. He merely shrugged and looked away. "I am many things, some amazing, and some terrible. I fear all you see is the terrible things and for that I am truly sorry." My eyes softened and I held his hand.

"I don't hate you as much as you think but I don't know if I can love you as much as I once did." He looked away and I sighed. "I'm graduating soon, I'll go off to college and you'll forget about me."

"I will never forget about you Tenala." He whispered.

"What is that word?" I asked cocking my head to the side.

"A sort of endearment in a language that has long been forgotten."

"What does it mean?"

"That would be telling." He smirked and rose. "Get some rest. We will talk more later." He quietly strolled out of the room and I drifted back into a blissful sleep.

***

"We are hunting the one they call 'Rozalina'?" He asked turning toward the other man.

"Yes. She is the one we need." The other man growled, white teeth flashing in the dark.

"Calm yourself, though we are brothers I outrank you." Sighing he bowed to his brother's will. "Go and tell the others, we musn't waste time." The older brother's eyes flashed as his younger sibling slipped quietly from the room. Striding to the large window at the other end of the room he let out a deep sigh as a growl rumbled deep in his chest and he began speaking quietly to himself. "I will find her, and when I do I will kill her." Turning he swiftly exited the room, the wood under his feet creaking softly. He watched as curtains swished in the wind, forming the ghostly outline of a woman before he finally shut the heavy wooden door and trapped the secret inside, he would not fail, of this he was certain.