Chapter 7

"Lina? Linaaaa!" Ashley was trying to grab my attention but I ignored her. It's been like this for the past few weeks. Bram helps by taking me away but I missed my friend.

"I know it's hard Lina, but you said you wanted to keep them safe." Bram whispered in my ear. I only nodded and kept my head down. He wrapped a protective arm around me and walked me to chemistry. School was as dull and lifeless as everyday but today the air held a sort of electricity that screamed something was going to happen. Lunch rolled around and Bram secured a table in the shade of a tree outside. I bit into the apple I bought and watched as my friend shoved a whole piece of pizza into his mouth.

"You're going to choke or die of heart failure if you keep eating like that." I stated matter-of-factly.

"I can't die babe." He flashed me his fangs. "I'm what you would call, immortal." I rolled my eyes and took another bite of my apple. Two girls walked by and sat on a bench close to our table.

"Did you see the new kids?" One squealed.

"Oh yeah, the older one is so cute!" The other squeaked. I rolled my eyes but angled my ears toward them.

"The sister is pretty straight ge though."

"Oh yeah real flighty and anxious."

"What a freak." The girls laughed. I sighed and looked at Bram.

"Have you heard about the new kids?" I asked.

"Yeah, they came into my first period. Three brothers and a sister."

"All in the same grade?" Bless their mother, I could not pop out that many children.

"No no, the two older ones are seniors and the younger ones are a junior and sophomore." I nodded and bit into the apple. A hush fell over the courtyard. "Speak of the devils."

"Huh?" I turned and almost dropped my fruit. Walking across the courtyard in what seemed like slow motion were four of the most beautiful beings on the planet. The first one I noticed was a boy that was built like a house, he had long brown hair pulled back into a pony tail and honey colored eyes, the second was built the same except he had red hair that was cut more like the boys at my school. The last two were smaller, the had matching white-blonde hair, the girl however had ice blue eyes while the boy had piercing green ones much like the red head. As they passed our table the boy with red hair gave me a smirk that sent shivers down my spine.

"Who are these people?" I looked at Bram.

"I don't know but I don't think I like them." All four siblings disappeared inside of the cafeteria. After they were long gone I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching me.

~~~

"Was that the girl?"

"Yes, that was Rozalina Malkovich." The red haired boy confirmed.

"She was sitting with a vampire, do you think she knows what he is?" The sister asked.

"I don't know, I ussume not but we will figure that out soon enough." The older boy handed them each a printed schedule. Looking at his younger sister he said, "You have the most classes with her, get the girl to trust you."

"Wait why do I have classes with her? I'm only a sophomore."

"Advanced classes dear sister. You too." He glanced at his younger brother. "I expect at least one of you to infiltrate her group of friends." The two siblings nodded. "As for us," he motioned to himself and the boy next to him." We will try and use other tactics." He winked and clicked his tongue. "We start tomorrow." They each nodded and walked away. Tomorrow was the day that the rest of their lives began.