Part 2 - Advice

For the first time in a while, John actually felt like calling Harry. He had to talk to someone. He could not face talking to anyone in the Holmes family or his own girlfriend.

In fact, he had hardly talked to Mary since yesterday. She could tell that something was up and tried to get him to talk to Sherlock.

As soon as the couple had finished work John got into a cab and said he would meet Mary later.

"Where to?"

"Scotland Yard please"

He decided that Lestrade would be the best person to talk to.

"Ahh I was wondering when you would come and see me."

"He's told you as well then"

" Came to see me after work. Shall we get a coffee?"

John went with Lestrade to the nearest coffee shop and they started talking. John had of course talked to his friend about his plans for proposing, so it was no surprise that was the first thing he asked him.

"I was going to but, I was struggling to get the words out. Then he interupted me, just before I was about to ask."

"It sounds almost like he planned it."

"Ha maybe"

John was sure Greg meant that to be a joke but, he could not help but think about it. He took a long drink of coffee. He knew Sherlock was good but, he wasn't good enough to do that.

"Well it sounds like you need to get it over with and talk to him. He obviously did not mean to upset you. I would love to talk more John, but I need to get back to work."

Lestrade put some money on the table and walked out, smiling at his friend over his shoulder as he went.

John fished out a couple of coins and left them on the table and called for a cab.

He stared out of the window of the cab as he drove past Baker Street.

John got out by the shop and went to the cash machine. He looked at the screen as a message popped up after he took his money.

Thank you John

"Not again" he muttered as a car pulled up behind him.

John got out of the car and looked around him. He saw Mycroft standing outside John's own house

"Hello John, I'm sorry for what this most have done to you. I am so sorry but, you should talk to Sherlock. He's been miserable. He really is sorry John and so am I."

"I'll think about it."