[𝟏]. origin

Venti awoke to the screeching sound of a kettle, its high-frequency pitch deafening his ears like Zhongli had just talked to him for hours

What time was it? 8:00? 11:00? 12:00? Not even he could tell.

So he stayed put in bed. Staring at the ceiling before realizing he should probably stop being a lazy ass.

"Oi, Venti!" The bard jolted upwards once a certain adeptus came walking into the room, sword in hand as she glared at him with a deathly gaze.

"... Hey!"

"Get up. We're going to go... pick some flowers."

"Eh?"

[Name] wasted no time pulling the bard by his ankles, swinging him over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes before sauntering up and out the hotel like it were a normal occurrence.

"EH?! [NAME]?! I HAVE LEGS YOU KN—"

"Legs are worthless when the brain is ineffective."

"MEAN!"

Yet he did not fight back, struggling for two seconds, Venti slumped like a fish, allowing you to carry him out and into the streets of Liyue.

Maybe people were laughing at him. Or maybe they thought he was lame. Whatever! At least he got to feel your arm wrapped around his back. Heh, he really could get used to this.

And then the adeptus stopped moving.

And then she dropped the bard onto the cold, hard, concrete floor of Liyue.

"What was that for?"

"Nothing."

"Why do we need to pick flowers again?" Venti asked incredulously, watching you rip some qingxins violently from the Earth, not hesitating one bit once the bitter juice came dripping from the stem.

"For the Lantern Rite, dummy. We need to help somehow, you know?"

"I think my presence as Lord Barbatos! Is worthy enough!"

"Jump off."

Venti fell silent— and for a second, you thought he jumped off the side of the mountain.

You spared him a glance, sighing once you saw his 'charming' close-eyed smile, patting himself on the back for managing to make you worried.

"I love you!" Was a phrase commonly heard by Venti. Whether he was walking amongst the citizens of his city, or infiltrating the land of Geo for his own enjoyment (ahem, right now). The bard swore he could never get away from those three words being thrown around.

Again, and again, mortals would use the phrase so freely. Each day they'd go out, telling their parents a brief "I love you!" before leaving. Every day they'd kiss their significant someone and whisper I love you. Everything in this modern world was about love, it was like there was no other emotion!