[𝟓]. wine of my eyes

The flames and smoke dissipated, revealing a very sluggish Venti and a bunch of pigeons

"We're back..." You exhaled a sigh of relief. If you had somehow teleported into Dragonspine instead of Mondstadt, it would've been very awkward.

"Wow!" Venti recovered from his moment of motion-sickness. "Let's go to Angel's Share!"

"I thought we were going to Dawn Winery?" You let the bard pull you along the bridge, prompting the pigeons to fly away as Timmie threw another tantrum... completely disregarding how you had returned after months.

"Are you kidding? Master Diluc would kick me all the way back to Liyue Harbor if I did that!" Venti sweatdropped, imagining having to meet Zhongli again.

"I don't see what's wrong with that, though?"

"[NAME]!!!"

Mondstadt looked the same, but you supposed that a few months couldn't have caused it to change drastically.

"Ah... do you smell, that, [Name]? That's the smell of Dandelion Wine! The original!" Venti fanboyed, stars dancing in his eyes as he continued to tug you along the streets.

And then, Angel's Share came into view. With two little angels sipping on a big glass of wine with a straw, the image was strangely nostalgic.

"Coming in...!" Venti exclaimed, kicking the door open before ushering you inside. There, the same old drunkards were doing their drunkard things. Surprisingly enough, Diluc was behind the bar instead of Charles.

"Eh..." Diluc deadpanned, midway through cleaning a glass, he certainly was not expecting the bard to show up.

"Ah, there they are! The warriors who subdued the almighty Osial!" A certain pirate-looking man teased, his blueberry hair not looking a day over fifty.

"Awww... shucks! Don't have to brag too much, now!" Venti scratched his cheek 'bashfully', coming up to sit next to the Cavalry Captain before Diluc reluctantly handed him a cup of dandelion wine.

"Welcome back." The typhoon rolled his eyes, handing you your own cup of apple cider.

"Thanks. How was Mondstadt in the meantime?"

"Other than the fact that we saw a literal sea snake emerge from our neighbor's backyard?" Kaeya snorted. "Pretty good!"

"You won't beelieeeve what happened!" Venti chugged the cup at lightning speeds. "Turns out it was all the fault of the Fatui!"

Eck. Childe.

"Fatui..." Diluc crossed his arms, clearly unamused. Kaeya, on the other hand, was having the time of his life.

"You don't say? How troublesome!"

"I know, right? First they take my—" You covered Venti's mouth.

"Took your what?" Kaeya raised his eyebrow, leaning closer to your face as if to threaten your hand off the bard's mouth.