Promises

(This is set the night before the previous chapter, but still read in this order)

Hermione Granger POV:

I glanced up at Ron. Is he alright? He kept fidgeting and he wasn't looking at me, looking nevous.

"Are you alright?" I asked

"Mhm," he grumbled, gazing at his feet. I decided not to say anything as we continued walking down the hill. The grass looked almost blue in the night sky, and a pale glow emitted from the crescent moon, lighting up the small path we were taking. As we strolled down, blades of grass brushed our bare ankles, leaving behind a tickling feeling, and the moist ground wet our feet. As we finally reached the spot, my breath was taken away.

The grass was dotted with tiny purple flowers, my favourites. Dame's rocket! I thought. My smile was plastered on my face as I marvelled at the sight. Fireflies floated and circled us in a dream-like motion as I gaped at the scene. I turned back to look at Ron and gasped.

"'Mione, the last few years with you have made me realise that I can't live without you. When I... left last year, the pain was almost unbearable. I...I love you so much. This is a promise ring. I know we can't get married yet but- but I know that I want you in my future... Will you make me the happiest man in the world and take this ring?"

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod! I can't believe this!

I stutter, unable to form words, when I finally whisper, "Of course!"

He pulls me into a tight embrace before he slips the ring on my finger. "I love you," I whisper.

"I love you too, so much."

~~~

~~~

Ronald Weasley POV:

I can't believe she said yes! Part of me thought that she would think I'm going too fast, and I guess I only listened to that part. We talked for ages about what we would do after we left school, and we discussed when we could get married. It's so weird isn't it? I mean, we're still in school and we're talking about these things! I guess we're older than school age now though. Anyway, we're planning on telling everyone when we head back to the dorm tomorrow morning. I set up a small picnic under the stars where we stayed and eventually slept in each other's arms. It was like a dream, but if it is, never wake me up...

This is just a short filler chapter, so I'm sorry if I rushed it a bit!

-S