9. 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬

PLEASE NO, YOU'LL KILL US AND RECIPES ARE CONFUSING!

IT WAS HARD FOR A LOT OF THE GLEE CLUB TO STAY CONCENTRATED WHEN THEY KNEW MR SCHUE'S SECTIONALS PLANS DIDN'T INVOLVE THEM

IT WAS HARD FOR A LOT OF THE GLEE CLUB TO STAY CONCENTRATED WHEN THEY KNEW MR SCHUE'S SECTIONALS PLANS DIDN'T INVOLVE THEM. When Mr Schue announced that he was planning on having one of them sing 'Defying Gravity' both Rachel and Kurt had perked up in the hopes of having the solo for themselves.

Glancing up from where she was half asleep against Artie's shoulder, Penelope couldn't help but smile at the beam that had come to Kurt's face and she was hoping that Mr Schue wouldn't choose his usual favourite and let him sing the song instead. Unfortunately, he walked straight past Kurt and offered it up to Rachel, "you think you can handle is Rachel?"

Sitting up straight in her seat, a victorious grin came to Rachel's lips as she nodded in response, "its my go-to shower song, it's also my ringtone."

Rolling her eyes, Mercedes was more fed up than anyone that her talent was being pushed aside for Rachel, "why do we have to go all vanilla on this song? See, what we need is my chocolate thunder."

Shaking his head, Mr Schue was quick to put her idea down, "we haven't got time to rearrange the song for you Mercedes, Rachel is singing it. But don't worry, we'll find something for you to dip in chocolate."

Furrowing her eyebrows deeply, Penny exchanged a glance with Artie as if they were both considering if they'd heard him correctly. Moving on to her next concern, Penny whispered, "I swear we don't have any other songs, surely we could've found time for Mercedes to sing the song."

As Artie nodded in agreement, Mr Schue had swiftly moved on to his next topic of discussion, "onto item two: The school won't pay for the special bus we need to take Artie and his wheelchair with us to Sectionals, so we're gonna have to raise some money to pay for it ourselves." Mr Schue explained as all the group nodded along in full agreement, "see when I was in glee club and we needed new silk cummerbunds for Regionals, we held a bake sale."

The previous enthusiasm to helping to raise money for Artie's bus flew away surprisingly quickly, "wait youre joking right?" Santana scoffed over the comments that filled the room, "bake sales are kinda bougie."

"So hip people stopped eating delicious sugary treats?" Mr Schue asked them, furrowing his eyebrows for a moment to try and keep the smile plastered on his face.

"It's not that." Brittany piped up quickly, with an innocent shake of her head, "it's that most of us don't know how to bake. I find recipes confusing."

Throwing her hand up, Rachel felt the need to insert herself into this discussion as well, "my family is committed to takeout."

Nodding along in agreement Finn gave Mr Schue a sympathetic smile that practically spoke fit itself, "yeah Mr Schue, kids are busier than when you went here. We've got homework and football and teen pregnancy and lunch."