1. 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭

NEW CLUBS AND NEW FRIENDS!

WALKING THROUGH MCKINLEY HIGH SCHOOL, THERE WERE ONLY THREE PEOPLE WHO CAUGHT PENELOPE CRAWFORD'S EYE

WALKING THROUGH MCKINLEY HIGH SCHOOL, THERE WERE ONLY THREE PEOPLE WHO CAUGHT PENELOPE CRAWFORD'S EYE. Three Cheerios, in the year above. Everyone wanted to be them, or be near them and anyone who didn't, obviously hadn't seen them.

Quinn Fabray — captain of the Cheerios with the gorgeous blonde hair and green eyes thar everyone wanted. She was the image of perfection, with her Cheerios uniform hugging her body just perfectly and a look on her eye that said that she was on top and she knew it.

Santana Lopez — everyone knew Santana as the real bitch of the three, she was in charge, even if it looked to outsiders that it was Quinn. She was stunning, with every feature being just how anyone would want it. Her sly smirk and quick comebacks hid the truth that she was a hardcore friend, someone you'd always want on your side because she'd stick with you until the end.

And then there was Brittany S. Pierce — Penny couldn't help but smile whenever she walked by. Her innocence and love for life was infectious, she made people around her want to smile. She seemed to always be overlooked and cast aside because she wasn't typically smart, but she was. She just worked differently. She was beautiful too, her blonde hair fashioned up in her high pony, with bangs that curled gracefully across her forehead.

After a moment of just watching them waltz past and realising that they wouldn't even give her a smile in return, Penelope turned back to what she was doing, just as Brittany turned her head, in an attempt to catch the girl's eye.

Chewing on the end of her pen, lightly, Penelope took a final second of thought before signing her name up for the new and improved glee club. She knew it was lame. But she loved to sing, even if she couldn't dance, and maybe it would give her a chance to make some real friends at Mckinley.

PENELOPE DIDN'T THINK SHE OUGHT TO BE AS NERVOUS AS SHE WAS AS SHE STOOD IN THE WINGS READY TO AUDITION. Initially, she wasn't. But as she watched the five auditions before hers, she'd began to worry that maybe she wouldn't be good enough and Mr Schue wouldn't let her in.

Making her way onto the stage, she immediately wondered how the others could cope with the blaring spotlight coming from above. Shielding her eyes slightly, she stood centre stage and looked up to where Mr Schue was sitting.

"Penelope Crawford?" He checked, quickly, despite knowing the answer. Penny gave him a small smile in return. Mr Schue was her Spanish teacher and granted, he wasn't great, but he seemed to have a passion for music, "Take it away, Penelope!"

"Uh, hi. I'm Penelope Crawford and I'll be singing 'Don't Look Back In Anger' by Oasis." She told him, beginning to question her song choice as he sat in silence for a short while. When a smile broke out across his face, Penny felt a weight being lifted off her chest — all she had to do now was sing, "whenever you're ready, Penelope." She heard Mr Schue say, softly.