Chapter Nineteen

Billie

I held a smile on my face my entire walk home, I'm sure a small blush clouding my cheeks.

I get home and immediately go up to my room and silently squeal to myself before happily flopping down onto my bed.

A few minutes later Finneas comes into my room asking about my date.

"So, how did it go?"

"It went pretty good. Well it went great I think she really enjoyed it. And uhh some shit happened with her mom and we kinda made out. Again."

"Damn Bil, you're not even official and you've already made out what three times now?"

"Shut up. And it was only twice."
I replayed our kiss, or rather kisses, in my head. My cheeks beginning to blush profusely. 

"Well when are you gonna take her out again?"

"I don't know. Whenever she wants I guess, I don't wanna push her or go overboard you know?"

"Billie I think if she really likes you then you can't really go overboard."

"Yeah. But what do I do for a next date?"

"Umm well what does she like? Make a date centered around her favorite things. Like if she likes animals take her to a petting zoo or something you know?"

"Yeah." My mind drifted off to the things Elle told me she liked and loved. I lightly smiled as I thanked Finn.

We talked about some more random stuff mostly involving music and shit before he left to go see his girlfriend and I decided to start planning me and Elles next date.

I might've been planning it a bit early, but I was just really excited.

I knew she liked to draw and was very artsy. It didn't take long for an idea to pop into my head and when that happened everything else fell into place.

~

"Do you wanna go on another date with me? No that's too long. Would you like to- no that sounds stupid. C'mon Billie you already asked her out once you can do it again. Maybe it's too soon."

I paced back and forth a bit in front of the lockers, anxiously waiting for Elle to get out of class.

I wanted to ask her out again but for some reason I was struggling to find words. Was it too soon to ask her out again? Should I wait? I didn't know.

I saw her walk out of her 4th period which was the only class we didn't have together and I grew more nervous as she approached me with that beautiful little smile of hers.

"Hey Bil, what's up?"

"Hey mama, umm I was just wondering if you wanted to go on another date maybe? It doesn't have to be like soon cause I know we literally just went on one but you know in like a couple weeks maybe?"

"Yeah of course, why wouldn't I want to?"

"I don't know, I just-I wanna go at your pace but I just love spending time with you so I try no find any excuse I can in order to."

She smiled in admiration as she giggled.
"That's...really sweet."

I blushed a tiny bit, nervously putting my head down.
"Yeah well. I really like you Elle."

Now it was her turn to blush as she smiled.
"I really like you too, Billie."

We sat in a silence as we both just smiled at each other. The chatter of kids in the halls becoming more and more quiet.