CLASS OF YEAR 13.

I decided to stop by and get some coffee before going to school, because, well, who doesn't love coffee? Okay, maybe the coffee was just an excuse to meet Youngjae. The café was empty. It wasn't very often that the place would be vacant at this time. Jae was standing near the counter, writing something in a notebook. "Hey!" I said, waving my hand.

And my cheeks are heating up. Great. How's he so hot?

"Hey, Kris! You okay?" He asked, a tiny smile on his face. Oh, oh, this is embarrassing. "Yeah. Just stopped by to get some coffee." I murmured. "Ahh, okay. The usual?" I nodded, and he turned around to get me my Americano. "Here you go. Let me know if it's too much." Aww, he cares so much.

"Are you gonna come after school today?" Jae asked, "Yeah. We'll see about Zuri and Harper." He nodded and rushed back to the counter as a man entered the café.

I took a glance at my watch and realized I was late. "Wow. Good job, Kris." I groan to myself and rush to get out of the café.

__________

Riiiing. That's how the bell rang today. I heard they changed it because Elijah 'accidentally' smashed it. I don't know how true that is though. It used to ring like, TRIIIIIIIIIIIING. It was super loud.

Anyway, we thought of some stuff yesterday. We have two basic theories with an actual base. Number one, Audrey Dawson got Noah killed because he got the role she wanted. Highly unlikely, though. And, number two, which states that Elijah accidentally (or purposely, if he's a psychopath) killed Noah because he got on the bad side of the principal and wanted revenge, which, also, relates to the rumour that he smashed the school bell.

But it isn't convincing either. Possible, but not likely.

I mentally shook my head and walked into my classroom. It's actually pretty big, just like I've always known it. I look over to the second seat beside the window. It's empty. Why? That's where Noah used to sit. I think they might remove the desk completely before Mrs.Mitchell notices and breaks down in class. Poor thing, she lost a son.

I sat down on my seat, just as the teacher came in. She began speaking immediately, and made some totally unnecessary announcements for the first 10 minutes. It almost seemed like forever. "Now, before we start with the lesson, I would like to remind you about your due project. " She finally said something important and the whole class sighed. "Don't be so sore! This is an important project. It's 30% of your entire grade!" The entire class sat up straight at that. This education system is shit.

"You know your team members. I WANT your projects by Friday. I'll take you to the principal if I don't get them."

There's this girl named Bella who's my team mate. She wasn't really the outgoing type. I just don't want to call her a loner. But I wasn't really bothered about a school project when I already had so much on my mind.

I'm just doodling now.

Riiing. The bell rings. Wow, the teacher didn't even get to teach. Not that I'm complaining. I don't think I'll ever get used to the bell, though.

The whole class gets up and leaves, not even a single student looking back at the teacher who definitely wasn't expecting everyone to.. well, simply leave. It's sad, really, but not sad enough for me to turn back.

"AY, KRIS! KRIS MIURA!" I hear an annoying voice call from behind. I mean, not annoying like it's bad, but annoying like it's irritating but it's fine. I don't care. "Hey, Zuri."

"So, how are you?" Zuri asks. She always checks up on everyone, and seeing that lately I've been pushing myself hard to catch up on school AND work on the case, she has even more of a reason. "Well, I got 4 assignments to hand in this Wednesday, a project, a shit load of homework and 2 essays. Other than that, I'm completely fine!" I sarcastically giggle. I should really stop giggling. I sound like a horse.

She looked at me and started thinking of something comforting to say. In the end, she just settled for a simple 'oh'. "Do you wanna stop by a discuss stuff with Jae?" I inquired. "I would love to, Kris, but I have some work to do. Besides, I'm sure you'd enjoy some alone time with him, huh?" She chuckles, nudging me in the side. Harper had already told us that she would be busy with relatives today so I guess me and Jae will be the only ones working on this shit today.

We both were discussing things when I saw Audrey enter the cafeteria. "Could Audrey have actually done this?" Zuri inquired, not sure if Audrey could actually be a suspect. I think it's unlikely, even false, but I don't say it. "Who knows" I mumble instead, my eyes still on Audrey. I dig into my sandwich. Why the hell does mom put so much broccoli?