prologue

21st century girls - olivia rodrigo

11:23 pm.

sarada turned on her string lights, and hopped right into her bed. she looked over at the clock, and allowed all the tears she was holding it to come out. 

sarada uchiha was frustrated. for others, this never happened. to her, this happened all the time. 

she envied someone.

she envied sumire kakei. 

sumire kakei had long purple hair, that reached just above her stomach. she knew this when boruto would run his fingers through her hair, and that silly little giggle. sarada had short hair that reached past her shoulders. she knew she could be nothing like sumire kakei. 

she envied how sumire kakei could have boruto run his fingers through her hair. she envied how sumire kakei could hold hands with boruto. she envied how sumire kakei dressed, and how carefree she was.

sarada wasn't like sumire. she couldn't have boruto run his fingers through her hair, she couldn't hold hands with boruto. she always dressed the same, not trying out new styles, and she was never carefree. 

sarada sighed, as tears came down her cheek. she sniffled quietly, and looked away. 

"i wish i were her.." 

----------------------------------------------------------------

"sarada? your eyebags are even worse than usual." cho-cho points out as we walk through the hall. i give her a sympathetic, sad smile. "i was up studying a little too late." i lie. she nods. 

"you take your studies so seriously, sa-ra-da. loosen up! wanna go somewhere after school with everyone else?" she offers. i bite the inside of my cheek, which i have a bad habit of doing. 

"i'll think it over." i tell her. she smiles instantly, and we turn, walking to english. 

"did you hear? today's boruto and sumire's 5 month anniversary. he made a huge post of her on instagram."

"she did too! he also baked her cupcakes and decorated her locker. they're so cute!" 

i sighed as the whispers filled the hallway. cho-cho gave me a sympathetic look and offered me a piece of mint gum. usually, i wouldn't refuse, but i wasn't feeling it today. 

i wish i were in sumire's position. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

author's note - 

hey guys! this is the prologue of my story, lovers. i hope you enjoyed the prologue! stay safe and have a great day. <3