Part One: Welcome Back to New Orleans

Author's Note: Welcome to my newest story! I know I have a lot of WIPs in circulation right now, but I will get to each of them. I already have new chapters for 'Plot Rivera' (which is two chapters away from being finished) and 'Mirror Image' that I'll post soon. I'll also work on getting new chapters completed for the other stories I have too. I just keep having plot bunnies, which are getting in the way of accomplishing that. But it will be done eventually! For now, I hope you enjoy this new creation!

And remember: Because plagiarism is a thing, especially with fanfiction, please do NOT reproduce or use any of the original material featured in my stories, including the OCs, story ideas, etc. You do NOT have my permission to use anything that is my own! Happy reading!

****************

It had been a century since last he had stepped foot in the French Quarter of New Orleans, but Elijah Mikaelson had been drawn back there by rumors of a plot against him and his family. They had been whispers that had traveled all the way from the Big Easy to Mystic Falls, Virginia, where he and his siblings had been residing.

Though, time had clearly passed, the landscape of the Quarter hadn't changed much at all. The place was the same as he remembered and it felt like home to him, as he traveled the streets until he reached an old bar called Rousseau's.

Elijah entered and was momentarily transported back to a time when he and his younger brother Niklaus would come here to drink and celebrate their conquest of New Orleans. The establishment remained nearly untouched by time. It was the same darkly lit place with beautiful cheery wood furnishings. The only modern parts were the liquor display behind the bar, which was light up brightly and the hanging light fixtures that lit up the room.

Moving through the crowds, Elijah weaved gracefully between the tables until he reached the bar, where a lovely, young blonde bartender was busy serving people. He sat down on one of the barstools and waited for her to come over.

He needed to find a Jane-Anne Deveraux, a witch who was supposedly leading whatever plot against the Mikaelsons — against him, according to his sources on the rumors. He figured he could ask a local the witch's location. It was the best place to start.

"Hey," the pretty blonde finally greeted him, already pulling out a martini glass to make him a drink.

"Hello," smiled Elijah politely as he watched her work.

"So, what brings you to the Big Easy?" The bartender asked, as she set the completed martini in front of him.

Watching the green olives she had put into his drink bob, he told her, "I used to live here."

"Really? When?"

"Oh, it feels like a hundred years ago."

The lovely woman smiled, "I just moved here myself. What brought you back?"

Seeing the opportunity presented, Elijah finally glanced the lady's name tag for a more personal effect and answered, "Well, Camille, I'm actually here in search of someone. A woman that goes by the name of Jane-Anne Deveraux? Do you know where I might find her?"

A grave expression replaced her friendly one, "Jane-Anne works here, but she unfortunately died. Just last night, in fact. It's so tragic. I feel bad for her sister, Sophie. I know what it's like to lose a sibling. She must be in so much pain right now."

Elijah was at once alarmed by that piece of information. Jane-Anne was dead? Was her death connected to whatever plot she was involved with? Was one of his siblings aware of the plot too and here dealing with it already?