36. The great plan

Despite the day being worst than ever, I got a good sleep in Xiao ge's arms yesterday. This day was hectic too. Well, not for me as the elder Zhangs completely rejected my help and asked me to stay inside for the day. They even arranged maids at my service to get me food and any other necessities. If it was a normal situation and them being so considerate of me as their young brother's to be, I would have felt special and even touched. But now for me, it was more like them treating me like a fugitive. Even the wedding dress and the rings were sent to my room to choose from. Well, the best part is Xiao ge was with me most of the time.

In the afternoon, Xiao ge was called by the brothers to accompany them to inspect the wedding hall. I was alone so I chose this chance to call certain people.

The whole morning, in my head there was only one thing. Will they cause problems at my wedding too? Well, the answer was yes. When my uncle is sure about them having a problem with me associating with the Zhang family, they will try by all means to stop it. I have already ruined the inauguration which was Xiao ge's first project so the wedding getting cancelled was something I can't afford at all. I won't let that happen. So I made a plan. I called uncle and pangzi to arrange certain things for me. And I waited for Xiao ge to be back.

°°°

It was in the evening did he come back. Better late than never. I soon as I hear the car sound in the front gate I ran outside to him.

"What happened Wuxie?"

"Oh! Nothing. I just came to get you."

"Why?"

"What you mean by why? Just come in already."

I was in a hurry so I dragged him to his room and locked the door making sure no one will overhear our conversation. I made him sit on the bed and I sat beside him.

"I have a request."

"Tell me."

"I wanna go home."

"..."

He didn't show any reaction at first but then I could feel inside him there was a lot of things going on.

"Wait. Don't think too much. What I'm saying, for the wedding, I want to come from my home. It's weird for us to go there together and come back together. There won't be anything different. You know the anticipation, to see you in wedding suit freshly in the wedding hall, it's something else. I want to feel that. Please. Let me come from home."

I explained it to him in one breath. It was hurting for me to say this. What if it turns out to be a goodbye. I was hoping for whoever the enemies are, not to kill me. But still, I had to finish it today itself so that the special day for him will only be a good memory.

Xiao ge listened to me patiently. His face showed a disappointment which was something I expected to see. I took his hands on mine and looked at him hoping he to help me.

"Alright. I'll ask brother."

"No. No brother."

"Why?"

"If they allow me to go, I would have asked them myself. Don't you see how I'm house arrested here? They won't agree."