Chapter five: what is this?!

Rapunzel and her friends were fighting something hidden in shadow. She didn't know what, or even who. But her, Cassie, Eugene, Lance, and Varian were fighting it together.

"If I can throw a smoke bomb at it, it'll reveal where it is!" Varian yelled to the others.

"Just do it! We can't hold out for much longer!" Cass yelled blocking an attack with her sword.

"Is that safe Varian?" Rapunzel asked.

"Who care about safe?! We need to beat this!" Cassandra yelled.

"Y-yeah I'll be fine Rapunzel." Varian said a little to quickly.

Most of the team knew he was lying, but Rapunzel nodded to him.

"Do it." She said determination lining her voice.

Varian ran in the direction of the roars of the thing, and threw the smoke bomb at it. It showed an giant atomoton. Varian mixed some chemical together, while the others were attacking the shape in the smoke. Varisn threw the new compound at the automaton.

Before anyone knew what was going on, Varian had hit the floor, and the automaton melted from bring exposed to the acid-like compound.

"VARIAN!!!!" Rapunzel screamed and ran over to her old friend.

"Please Varian wake up! Please!! Some on thus isn't funny!" Rapunzel yelled at him, as she hugged him close.

Rapunzel realized something. Varian wasn't breathing, and his heart wasn't beating.

"Rapunzel he's gone." Cass said sadly.

"No. No he can't be! Please Varian! Wake up! I never wanted this!" Rapunzel cried while holding  her friend's limp body.

"I'm so sorry Varian." Rapunzel softly whidpered.

No one said anything. The only sounds that were heard was breathing and Rapunzel's soft sobs. Eugene slowly walked to her and put a hand on Rapunzel's shoulder.

She looked at him, he was looking at her with is dark chocolate eyes. Suddenly he turned to dust and blew away. Rapunzel looked at her other friends, they to, turned to dust and blew away. When she looked down, Varian's body was gone. Rapunzel hugged herself and cried.

Rapunzel sat up and gasped. She looked around, and realized that she was in her room. She had made up her mind, they were going to go visit Varian.

Rapunzel was walking around the halls, looking for Eugene. She finally found him talking to Stan and Pete.

"Hey Eugene?" Rapunzel spoke up.

"Yeah?" Eugene replied.

"I want to go see Varian." Rapunzel bluntly stated.

"Are you sure Blondie?" Eugene asked looking at her.

"Yes I'm sure! You said if the dreams continued then we could go. Well I'm tired of seeing all the ways Varian could die." Rapunzel explained.

"OK we can go tomorrow. How does that sound?" Eugene asked.

"That sounds perfect." Rapunzel said and hugged Eugene.

They had no idea what they were walking into.

A/N

Hey guys! I know I said that there was going to be four or five more chapters before they visit Varian, but I think you guys have waited long enough, so plans have changed a little. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Anyways until next time Adios!😺