Part 3

Adrien was so intensely focused on the little Emma in his arms he didn't notice when everyone entered the room until he felt a hand on his shoulder. He instinctively flinched back, then he realized who it was. It was Nino. "Dude are you ok." He asked

Adrien finally looked up to see Alya, Nino, Tom, and Sabine. He blushed deeply wondering how long they've been there. Finally, he asked timidly "Y'all wanna hold her?" A laugh roared through the room and he turned a deeper shade of red.

"Adrien, it's ok." Marinette finally said with a small smile. He gave her a small nod and passed Emma onto Sabine and Tom who fawned over their grandchild. Adrien turned to Nino and gave him a big and hearty hug

"Thank you, Nino... Thank you..." Adrien whispered just so only Nino could hear him. Nino just gave back a hug and rubbed his back." Alya and Marinette only gave them a glance and laughed.

"So boys..." Alya started "mine telling me what's going on?" Adrien and Nino both turned pale. Nino looked for his best friend's approval to tell his girlfriend. Adrien nodded and said only Alya.

"Later babe. OK? I prom-" Nino said and was cut off from a meow from Alya's phone. She looked at it and her eyes widen.

"Marinette, Chat was spotted downtown!" Alya squeal.

"Alya, calm down you're going to make Emma cry," Marinette said

"Oh right sorry, but I will be back with him. I promise you." Alya said as she grabbed Nino's arm and ran down the hall. You could hear the sounds of protest from Nino from down the hall. Marinette sighed

"Sooo..." Adrien said, "Why does Alya want to find Chat Noir so badly?" Adrien was starting to get annoyed with the conquest to find his secret Identity.

Marinette turned red, "UMM-" she started, "He's a really good friend and we're all super worried about how he just fell off the face of the planet." 

"Hmm..." Adrien responded, "Maybe he just doesn't want to be found. You know?"

"Yeah maybe, but he just disappeared," Marinette said, "We just wanna make sure he's still alive and is doing Okay." There was obvious hurt in her voice.

"Well," Adrien said, "Maybe he gave up his superhero life to be with his family and kids and dog" he was trying to convince her that Chat Noir was in a better situation than he was for her sake.

"Maybe..." Marinette said, "But not a dog, he's more of a cat and hamster person." Adrien was surprised at her statement. When did he tell Marinette he was a cat and hamster person? Just then Alya ran in with Nino with another man dressed as Chat Noir.

"MARINETTE... " Alya yelled out of breath. "I found HIM!!" She leaned over as she breathed.

"I already told you, lady, I'm NOT CHAT NOIR," The man said. Adrien decided it was his turn to save the poor kid.

"Well, let's see then," Adrien said as he walked up to the man. The man stiffened at Adrien's presence. "hmmm" Adrien said as he studied the suit and the man's face. "Well, the suit is not form-fitting. The stitching is not done terribly well. He and his face is more..." Adrien paused thinking of the right word. "Rounded than Chat Noirs. And..." He leaned over and took off the mask. "You can take off his mask." He looked at the man under the mask and recognized him. It was Wayhem. "Hello Wayhem, long time no see imma right" Wayhem gave him a glare and ignored him.

"Lady see I'm not Chat Noir so let me go!" Wayhem said sourly. Alya saw the look of deep hurt across Adrien's face. This dude used to be obsessed with him and now Wayhem despised him just because of his father. This is probably why Adrien shut them out. He couldn't bear to see that look of disgust and hate slathered on their face as it was with Wayhem.