🌞Chapter 45🌻

🌞🌻

"You really piss me off. Just how much trouble do you need to get into?" Yaya said, her face a picture of irritation.

Next to her stood Mew, looking uncomfortable, beside him stood  Gulf. They were in the lobby of the airport. Yaya was going back to the U.S. again.

"You were so happy to find out Gulf loved you. You decided he was the only one for you...you even proposed to him! You came on so strong, and then you almost gave up just because you decided he's acting weird? If you'd just talked to him and asked him what was wrong, you wouldn't have to go through all of that." Yaya finished her rant and heaved a sigh. "I feel like Gulf only sees me when I'm pissed off. Sorry Gulf. I'm not really this violent. I'm actually a very sweet girl. Remember that."

"Liar," Mew whispered.

Yaya glared at him. "What was that?"

"Hey, hey," Gulf broke in, laughing. "I was partly to blame for what happened."

Yaya pushed through Mew to link her arm through Gulf's. "You're too nice, Gulf. But don't baby him too much. If you give Mew an inch, he'll take a mile."

"Hey, don't say crap like that to Gulf! And how many times do I have to tell you not to touch him!" Mew said peevishly, wrenching Gulf's arm out of Yaya's grasp. He held Gulf's hand tightly. "Gulf belongs to me."

Gulf blushed, but he didn't take his hand away. He loved this side of Mew too. So much...that Gulf had stopped caring about who was watching.

'Ever since that day, I've been completely head over heels for Mew.'

Since the day they made love at Mew's apartment and Mew told Gulf about his past, Gulf begun to think that Mew was adorable no matter what he did. The emotions Gulf felt now were sweeter, more passionate, and surer than ever before.

It wasn't that his worries had completely disappeared, but it was easier for Gulf to accept those negative feelings now that he knew Mew worried just like he did. So long as he was in love with Mew, he'd feel uneasy from time to time. But it was only a problem if he kept those feelings to himself. If he got scared, all he had to do was talk to Mew and tell him so. Then the two of them can resolve things together. That's what Gulf believed now.

Yaya, who had been watching the two of them, said with a mischievous smile. "Mew, make sure you keep holding Gulf like that from now on."

"I don't need you to tell me that." Mew entwined his fingers with Gulf's.

Gulf couldn't help smiling at the feel of those long, thick fingers.

"I'm glad to hear it. I'll see you two again soon," Yaya said briskly and turn away sharply.

"P'Yaya!" Gulf called.

Yaya turned around to look at him.

"Thanks for everything." He bowed. After all, it was thanks to Yaya that he and Mew were together.

Yaya waved her hand. Gulf saw a flash of her white teeth as he watched her walk away.

"She's so cool..." Gulf said.

He felt Mew sigh beside him. "She always steals my thunder. She's like some masked crusader who only shows up when the heroine is in trouble. She makes me look like a complete dumbass."

"Hmm..."

Gulf nodded and looked at Mew. There was a wry smile on his perfect face. Everyone wanted a hero. But heroes rarely stayed by your side. Gulf would rather have someone who really cared about him, no matter how awkward or uncool or weak they might be sometimes.

"But I love that side of you Mew," he said without realizing he was speaking out loud.

Mew looked at him in surprise. When their eyes met, Gulf felt himself flush from the bottom of his neck to the tips of his ears. Even after everything that had happened, he was really embarrassed, especially for saying he loved Mew so casually.

"Um, I mean, like, you know...unlike Yaya...uh, even when you're a dork, you're still really cool, and uh, I really like that...
uh..."

"Gulf." Mew chuckled. He kissed Gulf hard.

"Mm...Mew!"

"Tha was just so cute." Mew laughed, undaunted, and squeezed Gulf's hand. Gulf can feel Mew's sincerity through those fingers, and he smiled as warmth flooded his heart. This was what made Mew cool.

"I really wish we could just skip." Mew said as they started walking.

"Not today. We've been skipping way too much. I know Boat and Mild said they'd take notes for us, but we can't keep doing this."

"I guess," Mew agreed. "Besides, I'm not even sure if those two are actually going to class..." Mew muttered.

Gulf stared. "What? They're skipping too?"

"Well no, but you know, they have things going on too..." Mew smiled sweetly.

Gulf shook his head, confused. He hadn't seen either Boat or Mild since they'd met in the hall that day. But he didn't think it was anything to worry about, because they seemed to have made up.

"Well, I guess we've got no choice. Let's go to class today."

Mew heaved a sigh, and Gulf nodded at him seriously.

"Not just today. I'm going to study really hard from now on. And I have my part-time job too," Gulf said seriously.

Mew frowned a little. "I know you're a good student, but what's with the sudden fervor?"

"For afrer graduation. I haven't decided yet what kind of job I want, but no matter what, if we're going to be together, I need to speak English."

This whole incident taught Gulf that no matter how much he worried, in the end, there was only one answer, he was inlove with Mew. He couldn't imagine being with anyone but Mew. And that's why he'd made his decision.

"So let's just do what we can now. That's what---" I've decided, he meant to say, but Mew hugged him so tightly that Gulf fell into his arms. "Hey, Mew, what---?"

"I'm so happy. Thank you, Gulf," Mew whispered in a husky voice.

Gulf can sense the strength and earnessness in the arms around him, and he felt a rush of joy as he wrapped his arms around Mew.

"I'm happy too, Mew."

Even if he got scared again, all they had to do was hold each other like this. Just so long as they got everything out in the open, without hiding how they really felt, and then held onto each other this way, they'd only become stronger.

They could get through anything together.

END