Part Seven

I took a deep breath before pushing the door to form open and walking in.

“Ah, Megan, I’m glad you’ve finally warmed us with your appearance, would you like to explain why you’re so late?”  Mr Rankin asked peeking over his glasses.

I cleared my throat “Oh, um… Just some family problems”

“Okay, well take your seat” He sighed.

I walked down the aisle towards the back of the room, all eyes on me as I slowly walked past, the heels of my shoes clapping against the flooring, I looked up and caught Alex’s eye as I walked past and took a huge gulp.

“Alright” Max greeted me.

“Yeah, great” I replied sarcastically.

“Well, someone had an extra bowl of bitch flakes this morning” He chuckled slightly.

“Hmm, yeah, well at least have an extra ten like your ‘girlfriend’” I glared at him.

“What girlfriend? Meg, what the hell are you on about?” Max questioned innocently.

“You know” I replied, looking at him challengingly as the bell rang.

~ ~ ~

“So, what’s up with you and Max?” Jack questioned as we walked out of the school gates.

“How come you’re walking?” I asked I didn’t feel like explaining.

“Dads took overtime, anyway you didn’t answer my question” He took a side wards glance at me.

“Looks like it’s gonna wait” I smirked as Tom came into view.

“Or you could  just explain to both of us” He replied louder than usual obviously trying to gain Tom’s attention because he knew Tom wouldn’t give up and I’d end up telling him either way.

“Explain what?” Tom turned around looking intrigued.

“Nothing, I’ll tell you later” I told him carrying on walking ahead.

~ ~ ~

I sat on the grassy field starring up at the sky as the sun started to set, everything was so peaceful, so calm, something I hadn’t experience in a long time, I breathed a huge breath filling my lungs with spring air.

“So, are you going to tell me about what Jack was on about?”

“Oh, Just something stupid, it doesn’t matter anymore” I tried to convince him, I was probably trying to convince myself more than him though.

Especially with what happened after I’d saw Max and Tiffany, I was still trying to tell myself it didn’t happen, it was only a dream I’d told myself every single time I’d thought about it, I couldn’t believe I’d let him do it to me again, I’d let him hurt me again.

“I know you’re lying, you’ve got that little twitch going on” He smirked at me pointing at my lip.

I sighed “I’ve just had an argument with a friend and I don’t think we’re gonna be friends for a long time, I’ve embarrassed him in front of the whole school now” I mentally kicked myself for that, I’d had a go at Max at dinner in front of everyone, it ended with him being sent home because he couldn’t walk properly, although I’d say he deserved that, he called me some pretty fucked up things, although I am mentally fucked up anyway.

“Okay, but that’s not what’s bothering you, there’s something else isn’t there?” He cocked on eyebrow up, looking all serious.

I didn’t know what to do, I couldn’t say anything, it was already obvious tom could read me like a book, he was my cousin and bestest friend ever, he’d be an expert at knowing I was lying so I just nodded trying to hold back the tears that sprung to my eyes.

“It’s to do with him, isn’t it?” Man, he’s good at this I thought.

“Maybe...” I whispered as the began tears fell.

Tom suddenly turned red and started to shake, he started to get up slowly before saying through gritted teeth “I’m gonna fucking kill him!” He roared with anger walking fastly down the hill.

“Tom, no!” I ran after him.