𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝖾𝗇𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗋

"Here's the picture of the man you need to kill." A hooded figure stood before you, only the gleam of the metal wire that framed his face visible.

Despite knowing that you had no right to be examining your client so closely, you could not resist the allure of trying to sneak a peek at the face beneath the hood.

Inching forward while on your knees, you craned your head to catch a glimpse but the man turned away before you could make out any discernible feature.

The voice of your mother, rang out from beside you, her gloved hand resting on the curve of your shoulder as she beckoned you to rise to your feet. "She'll accept it. The pay you're offering us is quite good." Even as you were rising to your knees, face focused on the man in front of you, you could hear the grimace in her voice. "However, I must question your choice of an assassin. My daughter is quite young to be taking on such a mission and she has not been away from home without comrades before."

A rather deep chuckle escaped the man, his cloak billowing as his chest heaves with laughter. "The target is around your daughter's age. I presumed it would not be a difficult task to infiltrate this man's inner circle." You could hear the almost mocking tone he took on. "Unless you don't think she is capable of doing this task."

You clenched the satchel by your side, taking a step forward to face the client yourself. "No, sir. I will be able to complete this task. I promise."

From your side, your mother looked at you in surprise, reaching out to grip your shoulder in an almost warning manner. "She has spoken, we'll accept this assignment."

"Two months." The man replied.

You raised your eyebrows in confusion, "What?"

He held up his hand, lifting two fingers to emphasize his point. "You have two months to complete this task if you want to get paid. However, if you complete the task within that time limit and return to me with information on his inner circle. I will double your pay."

The price of the job was already hefty but for it to be doubled? The deal was almost too good and you certainly knew your family would be able to live lavishly off it for many months. Mouthwatering as the idea of finally being able to go into the local village and order that expensive dessert you'd been eyeing.

"I understand." The confidence in your voice rang out through the room. "I will complete the task and get you all the information. You will not be disappointed, sir."

There was no way to see beneath his mask but even then, you could sense the chilling smile on his face. "Excellent."

Sunlight filtered through the thin curtains of your bedroom, the morning light forcing you to wake up just as the birds began to chirp.

"That dream. . ." A groan left your lips, the dream had only served to be a reminder of your mission. The one assigned to you just a week ago and on the same day, you'd manage to make your way into the Hidden Leaf village.

Lady Tsunade had been wary of you, it was easy to see the distrust in her gaze as she sized you up from the moment you arrived. Bandage splayed across your cheek and an assembly of weapons in your bag.

It was easy to remember her face and words, her brows furrowing as she questioned you. "Where do you come from?" You had lied and responded that it was a small clan centered around agriculture but that you'd always dreamed of becoming a kunoichi since it was rare for girls in your clan to reach such a status. That seemed to tug on her heartstrings well enough and she had let you rent out a modest apartment and promised to put you on a team.