Chapter 2: When You Casually Rob a Bank (#relatable)

“Then in that case,” Can closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, holding it for a second before letting it out and opening her eyes. “It’s showtime.”

    Can spins around to face the street, putting the mirror shards and gun in her belt. Theo steps into his pocket dimension- or PD as he calls it - and disappears from sight. Can walks out of the alley, closely followed by Veela and Aoxy. They turn the corner and go down to the grand building that has “Murleighworth Bank” in big letters above the entrance. 

Can walks in and throws open her arms, stopping in the middle. Veela and Aoxy stand behind her making a sort of circle out of backs. 

“Hello, people of Murleighworth Bank, I hope you are all having a lovely-” Can checks her watch, “-Afternoon!”

Can looks around. A few people seem anxious, many seem annoyed, and a handful are ignoring Can entirely. Can sighs and looks toward Veela. Veela walks over to a small child, who is hiding behind her mother’s legs. Veela bends down closer to the girl’s height and waves.

“May I ask, little one, are you afraid of bees?” Veela asks, her voice soft. The girl shakes her head slowly, and Veela smiles, “I’m not either. I love bees.” Veela stands up and walks back to the center. Veela unzips their backpack, “In fact I thought I might bring a few.” 

Hundreds of bees swarm out of their backpack and pockets. Aoxy runs to the entrance, where a few screaming people run to, and she blocks it off with big concrete blocks. She stands on top on the concrete, holding her crossbow. 

Can smiles, as this is one thing she loved. 

Chaos. 

The bees swarm left and right, people screaming, police sirens blaring in the distance. The loud sounds weren’t exactly ideal to Can, but she didn’t mind them. She walked calmly through the running people, the clouds of bees clearing a path for her to the counters where the bank workers work behind. Most of them were hiding under the counter. 

Can climbs on top of the counter, and the swarm of bees slowly funnel back into the backpack. The screams slowly stopped, and the workers started to poke back out from under the counter. Can walks slowly down the long counter, stepping over the papers, the pamphlets, and anything else in the way. She stops near the middle, and turns to where the scared, scattered people all stand, their eyes all fixed on Can. Can’s smile brightens. 

“Hi,” Can starts. She begins to walk again as she speaks, “My name is Can. Currently, we are robbing your bank. Isn’t that exciting? I know we’re excited. I know what you may be thi-”

“You’re a psychopath.” A voice from the crowd says. Can stops in her tracks, her smile fading, and looks to see a man standing up tall from where the voice is coming from.

“Excuse me?” Can asks, tilting her head.

“You’re a psychopath. Robbing a bank in plain daylight?” The man scornfully laughs, “The police are going to catch you! Then you’ll get what you deserve. You’ll get justice.” He says proudly. 

Can laughs and hops down from the counter. She walks over to the man, her hands balled into fists at her sides. She tries to look mildly threatening, even though he’s a head taller than she is.

“You really think that your police will catch us?”

“I’m sure of it.” The man states. Can takes a small step forward and punches the man square in the jaw with her mechanical left arm. He falls on the floor, letting out a string of profanities. 

“Shhh. There are children present.” Can says, her voice thick with irritation. She turns to the mother of the child Veela had spoken to and softens her voice to sound more polite, “Sorry about him, I guess he’s not used to taking a punch.”