chapter 6

┄┄┄┄┄┄☆┄┄┄┄┄┄☆┄┄┄┄┄┄☆┄┄┄┄┄┄

There is no time to think. Everything is moving so quickly; Gojo is jumping around the scene, going back and forth with the volcano head; the blue-haired patchwork face is going at civilians, transfiguring them until they were no longer recognizable; civilians screaming and running everywhere, banging at the barrier and desperately pleading to be let out of the madhouse. Before you can do or say anything else, Yuji jumps into action with the patch-face. You watch as the patch-face laughs at Yuji, as if taunting him. Thoughts whiz through your mind, but you notice that you feel as light as ever, your thoughts were clear and fogless. 

To allow yourself more time to process, you activate your cursed technique. Instantly, everything slows down to a processable speed. Your eyes are immediately drawn to Gojo, who you knew wasn't having any trouble fighting the volcano. Or, he wouldn't have, if there weren't so many people around. You notice that not only are the people limiting his movement, but the opponent is using this to their advantage. You watch as Gojo tries his best to avoid any people that he may jump into.

He's really not a bad guy. You think.

Switching your eyes to Yuji, you notice that once patch-face touches a human, that human is as good as dead, sometimes blowing into bits, other times deforming into a mass of slime. It makes you sick.

Then your priority should be getting the people out of the way. That way, you'd be eliminating Gojo's shackles and-

Wait. Aren't I supposed to want him dead?

After all, if you weren't able to kill him yourself, wouldn't it be the second-best choice to have someone else subdue him? You watch as Yuji fights hard, punching patch-face in the stomach and sending the guy flying, and think that there's no way you want to let him down. So you were gonna fight on his side.

Sorry, Sora. I want to be able to make my own decisions once in a while.

You steel your mind. Gojo's no longer an enemy right now. You're fighting with him. First things first, find a way to get the people out of-

"(L/N)-san!" Yuji screams, "don't let Mahito touch you!"

Mahito? You turn to your right to see patch-face running straight at you with a sick grin on his face. Even with your infinitesimal technique activated, he was going really fast; but not fast enough to get you. As he nears you, you brace yourself, ready to kick him back.

It's okay if I touch him with my shoe, right?

You lift your leg and strike him as hard as you can with your leg before punching him in the guts and sending him flying towards the barrier before running to him and following up with one more punch to the face. You back up to where Yuji is before stopping your cursed technique. To him and everyone else, you had done all that in maybe just a second or two.

"Woah, (L/N)-san! I knew you were fast, but that's amazing!" He marvels at your skill. You wipe the sweat from your forehead, smiling, watching as Mahito slowly gets up.

"Listen, Itadori-kun. I want to find a way to get the civilians out of this place before that thing hurts more of them." You gesture to patch-face.

"Sure, but how are you gonna open the barrier?"

"I have an idea." You turn to look at Gojo, who is in the middle of ripping the volcano's head off. "Once Gojo finishes off that guy, have him take on patch-face and at least stop patch-face from deforming more humans. You, gather as many civilians as you can to the opposite side of the barrier of me. I'm gonna try to rip a hole in the barrier with a new technique I learned. Give me a signal when the people are out. Since we don't know where the barrier holder is or what it is, I think we should try this out."