chapter 28 | shooting

•••

•••

I looked at my target ahead of me and fired.

I fired two more times holding the gun with both my hands and gripping it tightly. Squatting one of my eyes and shooting. I lower the gun and turned to see Anthony's jaw-dropping.

"Did you just-" he pointed to the target that had two gunshots near the heart and one in my center of the forehead. "Shoot that?"

"I told you it's my first time," I said placing the gun on the table and massaging my hands from the tight grip I had around the gun.

I didn't even hit the center of the target or the center of the face. My aim was off.

"You're telling me you just shot the target's heart and blew the target's brain out and that it's your first time."

"Yes, why would I have experience with a gun?" I asked.

Anthony was still suspicious but of what? I didn't even hit the big X on the target.

"You got skill," he said.

"That's skill?" I laughed at where the bullet hit.

"Yes,"

"Thank you," I said proudly.

The door opened and I saw Chase entering.

He came towards us and before he could say anything Anthony spoke up "Look dude," he said pointing to the target.

"Good aim, Anthony,"

"That wasn't me,"

"Who was that?" Chase asked confused.

"Jasmin," Anthony exposed.

Chase looked at me and back at the target. "Firefly, you know how to shoot?" he asked amused.

"No, that was my first time," I said looking down. I saw Chase's knuckles that had small bruises on them.

"I'm going to go," Anthony said and Chase nodded.

"What happened?" I asked to point to his knuckles.

"Don't worry about it," he said.

He took my hand and intertwined our fingers together. We left the room and the stare of different men and women got ten times worst. I could feel the glares from the women.

"Can we go?" I said quietly to Chase.

"Yeah, I just need to do something first," he said. He looked around the warehouse and saw the attention. And, everyone immediately went back to work.

He opened a door with his fingerprint and it was the biggest room I have seen yet. Chase's office, I'm assuming. He went towards his large desk and started looking through the stack of files.