P R O L O G U E

Luisa rubbed her eyes, tired from staring at the comptuer screen for hours now. She was doing a small research on Chile in terms of places worth seeing. It was the last country on her list and she needed those details to wisely put everything together. She moved her pen over white pages of her notebook, before finally closing the laptop. She stretched her arms above her head, letting out a soft sign of relief. She got up from her chair and approached the window to admire last minutes of sunset. The big round orange solar disk was enlightening Lisbon from the West. Glass structures of skyscrapers near her apartment buliding reflected its light, which caused them to look as if they were monumental torches. Luisa smiled to herself, knowing that tomorrow at the same time she'll be reunited with Antonio again. They didn't have much time to spend together during this Formula One season. If there were any breaks between races, Antonio still had duties at the factory or was training to stay in shape for the rest of the year. In addition, he was working very hard with the team to prove they're that Alfa Romeo could do better than back of the grid. Nevertheless, Antonio was a true romantic. He adored his girlfriend, so he was giving her his attention whenever he could through videochats, calls or even handwritten letters. Especially, the last one made Luisa's heart beat faster. Antonio could send her flowers or a gift from whatever place he was at right now, but still he chose to sit down and pour his heart out on a piece of paper. Since she got it, Luisa kept it under her pillow every night. When missing Antonio was a bit overwhelming to her, she could always come back to his words to make herself feel better. This letter was the most precious thing she had. Luisa knew that love is patient. She loved her boyfriend dearly and wasn't willing to let any obstacles separate them. Their love was pure and true, no distance could ever change it.

While thinking about Antonio, it was hard not to think about their trip. They were planning it since they became a couple and recently felt the right time has come to enact their plans. They called in an adventure of the lifetime. It included visiting all countries of both Americas, but only those by the west coast. Alaska, states Washington, Oregon, California in USA. Then a short break in sunny Hawaii in order to restore strenght for Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Chile. For grand finale they decided to come back to Portugal as Antonio didn't have an opportunity so far to explore his girlfriend's home country. Those past few months when Antonio was racing, Luisa kept herself busy with finding out informations about listed destinations. She already had everything written down in her notebook: dates, hotels, airports, national holidays, must see places. Now it was up to them to buy tickets and reserve hotels. They'd be gone for a long time, but what is time when you're have the love of your life by your side? Luisa also hoped that Antonio's presence as well as new surrounding will help cure her writer's block. Her publisher was pushing her into writing something since the beginning of the year, but her head was empty. She had difficulty with writing anything and forcing herself to write a mere page-turner wasn't an option. Luisa was that type of writer who didn't want to push a book into a world, which didn't have a piece of its creator's soul in it. On the other hand, if she won't come up with something quickly, she could loose everything she worked so hard for. 

Sudden buzzing of her phone on the desk draw her away from her thoughts. She quickly grabbed the device to see a new message from Antonio. He was letting her know that he has just came back from press conference and now he'll get something to eat. She sent him back a couple of emojis, wishing him a delicious meal. Since Antonio will be offline for a while, Luisa thought it will be good time to start packing her suitcase, so she went from the living room to the bedroom. The suitcase was already lying opened on her bed with some basic things packed earlier. She approached her closet next and got paralyzed by the thought that she suppose to pick only few things for the weekend. She made a thin line out of her lips, resting her palms on her hips. If Antonio was here, it would a lot of easier for her. 

Abu Dhabi here I come!

My first Instagram Story is here! I'm glad that I can finally share it with you

My first Instagram Story is here! I'm glad that I can finally share it with you. Can't lie, making this was such a fun for me. I'm also happy that Antonio will be the main character in this one. I wanted to write something with our handsome Italian for a long time :) I hope you enjoyed the prologue! See ya in the next chapters!