𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

TW: Minor mentions of Anxiety and Death!

   𝐀 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐒, both find themselves wandering the dark corridors of Hogwarts, their minds filled with loud voices and thoughts.

Sneaking out of the Ravenclaw tower without a destination in mind, she roamed the halls of her new school. Upset with the world, with herself, and she was especially upset at the sorting hat for giving her father yet another reason to hate her.

She hated the fact that she had to wear blue and bronze (or silver) robes. Aurelia was practically forced away from her brother - although he annoyed every fibre of her being - Aurelia needed Theo and Theo needed Aurelia. The Nott twins needed each other.

Although she was grateful that she hadn't been sorted into Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. Not that she believed them to be horrible houses, but because she knows her father - if you could even call him that - would have disowned her if that were to ever happen.

Slytherin would have been much more preferable for her father, and Aurelia was so confident that she would end up in the house of the snakes — along with her brother. But of course, the universe was against her and had given her father another reason to be disappointed in his daughter.

In times like these, Aurelia yearns for her mother. The warmth and comfort of her arms, the angelic sound of her voice, the sensation of her pale hands stroking Aurelia's hair until she was sound asleep. Ever since the loss of her mother, Aurelia turned to the night sky for comfort — if not the sky, then her twin brother. Of course.  

It was nearing one in the morning when Aurelia found herself at the top of the astronomy tower, she settled near the edge of the tower with her forearms resting upon the cold bars. The eleven-year-old sat there, enjoying the slight breeze. She gazed up at the thousands of stars that decorated the sky, as the bright moon shimmered down upon her gorgeous blue eyes — the waning gibbous presented itself to her, indicating that a full moon has just passed.

The thought of her mother's death had always lingered in her mind, no matter how hard she tried to rid of the horrid memories. She worried about her brother and how he felt about the sorting situation. The hundreds of possibilities about what her father would say swarmed her head. She was terrified of what her father would do when they arrived at the Nott Manor for Christmas break.

Overwhelmed with her anxiety, she let out an unsteady breath as a single tear fell from her eyes. Instantly wiping the tear away, she fearfully searched her surroundings for something — or someone — only to remember: 'Father isn't here.'

Yet, why does she feel as if there's a presence nearby...

TW: Ends here baes!

   𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 began to feel restless as he twists and turns in his new red Gryffindor bed. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't overlook what the sorting hat had confessed just hours prior.

Sure, his uncle Regulus had been in Slytherin and he certainly wasn't evil, but that doesn't mean his family would ever be proud of him if their one and only baby boy were sorted into that house.

What would the world think if the boy-who-lived was to be sorted into Slytherin? They'd probably assume that he would grow to become another Voldemort. The world would be frightened every time Harry Potter entered a room, and the boy certainly has more than enough attention as it is. There's no need to add to that.

The war ended many years ago, but that doesn't mean there aren't a handful of people out there who still believe that all Slytherins are born to be evil.

Regulus Black, Severus Snape, Andromeda Tonks, and so many others are living proof of good Slytherins and because of them, the Potter family have thankfully grown from their somewhat prejudiced views. However, that doesn't mean they'd love the idea of having one of their own placed in said house.

These theories and emotions overwhelmed the raven-haired boy and so at half-passed one in the morning, he somehow managed to escape his Gryffindor dorm. Using his father's invisibility cloak, he remembered his family's advice on secret passageways and shortcuts throughout the large castle.

He managed his way towards the astronomy tower and promptly hid behind a large concrete pillar nearby when he heard the padding of one's footsteps. He deliberately crept his head from his hiding spot and saw the shadow of another student hurry out of his sight.

He let out a breath that he had been unintentionally holding before continuing up the steps. When the young boy finally made it to the top of the tower, he unknowingly sat comfortably in a spot that had been preoccupied by another young student just moments before him.

Harry Potter sighed in relief as he found the comfort he so desperately needed, the extraordinary night sky. He gaped up to the moon with a slight frown as his uncle moony crossed his mind.

Slowly, that frown turned into a subtle grin as he managed to point out the brightest star in the sky, Sirius. As he continued to calm his thoughts, the green-eyed boy smiled sadly at the thought of his family that he missed so dearly.

Yet, he was grateful he could turn to the darkness of the night sky for comfort...

⋆·˚ ༘ * 🔭 ────── 𖥨ํ∘̥.˚ ༘
↳ 𝙏. 𝙏𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙨 !!
Hello my darling angels,, I love how I said this would be a happy au but then started the fic with a slightly upsetting prologue. Don't worry though because I swear that this IS a happy fic,, the only triggering parts of this fic are going to be Aurelia and her family shit.

I forgot to mention for those of you that don't already know,, I am Canadian so sometimes my spelling is different from others but it isn't that big of a difference so it shouldn't be a big problem.

Thank you everyone on all the support so far, I've actually been having a shitty week and I woke up and saw all the support and it honestly made my day. I feel like everyone always says that but I literally have never smiled that much in so long. My sisters literally asked if I was good because I was smiling at my phone so much.

QOTD: When do you guys start school? Or have you started?
— I start in September and I'm going to a new school ( I'm TERRIFIED )

Word count: 1111