1

"My Queen, the Overlord of the Vortex sent another box of gifts. "

"Toss it back to the sea."

"Aren't you going to atleast open it though? I think Osial is a gorgeous man. Atleast in his human form." the Queen of the nymphs rolled her eyes, walking past her servant as she took off her shimmering robe.

"I've no need of a beautiful husband who lacks substance." She muttered as she sat on her throne.

"Shouldn't you atleast consider getting a powerful husband at this period of time. The gods are literally waging wars for your hand in marriage."

The queen's gaze softened as she glance at the servant's eyes. "Although that might be true, I can't just choose a god that looks down on other creatures. A complacent god like Osial is likely to be trampled down by more competent gods, if there is one."

"But what if there is none?"

The nymph smiled at her servant, elemental particle shimmering at the tip of her fingers as she told her..

"There will always be one." She spoke with such conviction.

There was nothing in Teyvat that can match the beauty of the queen of the Nymphs, for that reason, so many gods have been willing to spark a war over the centuries, all to gain her hand in marriage.

Still, the Nymph is yet to accept a man as her husband.

Amidst the struggles of power looming large in the city of Liyue, another small war has been stirring because of the gods who desire to take claim of Teyvat's Nymph. The rest of the fairies would attempt to encourage their queen to choose one among her suitors, but she would refuse, and reject everyone else.

As if she's been searching for the right one, but couldn't find him yet.

"Are you leaving to town today, My queen?" the servant asked.

Azalea nodded, putting on her white robe that concealed her ethereal figure. "The leaves of fate have spoken, there is someone I should meet."

Even before the times of the Archons, the city of Liyue has already been bustling with different vendors, yelling their products here and there. 

Azalea saw it as such a beautiful sight, still, she wondered why the city feels very empty everytime her gaze falls on its streets.

"Jade Parcels! Delicious and hot Jade Parcels!" Azalea heard the vendor yell enthusiastically as the people lined up for the promised hot and delicious meal.

The Nymph joined the queue, 
hoping to taste a good delicacy after so long of not setting foot in town. The colorful mixture of different ingredients always excited Azalea, that's why every opportunity of tasting a good food she gets, she grabs no matter how long she has to wait in queue.

"What's for you, miss with the pretty eyes?" The vendor asked.

"Two servings of jade parcels please.  If you can, please put it on a stick." Azalea politely replied with a kind smile, putting two chunks of core lapis at the vendor's jar.

"two chunks of core lapis? Oh no,  my lady! This is too much for jade parcels." Azalea shook her head.

"You deserve it for your hardwork. Please have a nice night." She told him with a smile.

"You are too kind my lady, I hope you achieve whatever it is that you wish for."

She smiled at him and nodded. "I hope so too." She whispered as she left with her jade parcels.

Vibrant fire crackers illuminated the sky above Liyue. Azalea didn't know of the city's customs, but she enjoyed the view nonetheless. Seating on the wooden deck near the ocean, she pondered about her purpose of coming to the city.

Gazing at the glimmering lights, she heaved a long sigh. The sky looked lovely with all the colors flying around, yet even the colorful layers could not conceal the fact that the City is at war.

How could she protect something that does not want to be protected? The gods, given powers stronger than hers, yet they all use it to wage wars for things that are unnecessary. Such as her hand in marriage for example.

She has been deep in thought that she failed to realized that a polearm is already threatening to pierce her neck.

"This is no place for a mere forest nymph." Had the man not spoken, she wouldn't have noticed his presence.

She turned to face him, and the man seem to be taken a back, as he withdrew his weapon upon seeing her face. "Are you lost? " he asked.

When the Nymph's gaze met the man's, something had struck her. She did not know if it was the beautiful golden hues in his eyes, or his presence that spoke warmth, but Azalea felt as if she finally found something she has always been waiting for.

"Not anymore."