4

Dear, Rex Lapis

Has your day been prosperous? 

Local gods have been trying to dare tresspass at the Fae's abode, but because of the Jade shield you've casted around the Kingdom, none has succeeded.

I would like to express my deepest gratitude to you. For that reason, I'd like to invite you in my garden for a banquet of your most favorite tea brews and delicacies.

You are very much welcome in our realm should you want to try refreshing dish or just revere at the sight of crystalflies fluttering by. 

You know where I'll be waiting.

-Azalea

With blood dripping from his fist, The god's lips slanted into a smile as he read the Nymph's letter. It was delivered by a geo crystal fly just as he was finished dealing with the sea beasts sent by Osial to cause him harm.

The Lord of Geo felt deeply drawn to the way it was written. He could hear the sincerity of her sound words, every curves in her writings radiated serenity and gentleness, and all together, her letter touched the god's heart as if she herself was there at that moment.

Slowly, he breathed the air as he closed his eyes. Magically, he could have sworn he felt petals touch his skin, and the wind he inhaled carried along the nymph's scent. Even when she wasn't there, the god found it intriguing that she managed to calm the storm brewing in him.

With a smile on his face, he walked away from the anguished bodies of osial's beasts that he slaughtered.

"You've come in the perfect time." The tender voice greeted the Lord of Geo behind the glittering curtains that only revealed her facade. Slowly, in a sophisticated manner, the curtains drifted apart, revealing the queen of the nymphs in an attire more extravagant than what she would so oftenly wear.

Rex Lapis was no weak being. But as the nymph walked towards him with her glittering gown that emphasized her curves in the right places, precious stones dripping from her legs to the floor, the god could have sworned he had almost stumbled.

"Greetings, Rex Lapis." She spoke in a gentle tone.

"It's been a while, Azalea." The nymph's servants giggled at how comfortable their queen's name has been spoken out of the handsome god's lips. "I haven't visited this place for quite a few months."

"Really? Has it really been that long? I felt that it was only yesterday since we last met. Perhaps it was because of your letters."

It was true. In the past few months, the nymph has been constantly sending letters to Rex Lapis, reporting to him about the current situation in the Fae's abode, and opening up to him about the things that bothers her to which the god would respond with stories to ease her mind.

"I know you are occupied with establishing your city, so I hope I am not taking you away from your duties upon inviting you here."  The god only smiled at the Nymph's courtesy.

"You are my duty too,  Azalea." Azalea felt quite subtle shivers. The god has uttered it so mannerly that even she too have almost been allured.

"You are a modest man, Rex Lapis.  Should there be a time where Liyue chooses a leader,  I feel like it would be the right thing to give you all my support." The nymph sincerely whispered, leading Rex Lapis into the hall leading to the gardens.

"Governing is a huge matter. I simply wish the best for my people."

"Exactly. The other gods desire power, and you don't."  The nymph said with her lips curling into a smile.

As promised, the god and the nymph indulged themselves with afternoon tea, discoursing about matters concerning Teyvat.  The god spoke of his vision for Liyue, and his plan to migrate his people to a safer place should miasmas rise, and the nymph would give him an open critic and few of her visions for the nations too.  It was clear to both of them how much they enjoyed each other's company. Although none of them ever actually spoke of it, their eyes reflected each other's comforting smile.

"Care for a stroll around my realm? There's something I have to show you..." the nymph asked, reaching her hand out to the god.

"Gladly." Answered the god as he took the nymph's hand.

The realm of the Nymphs are filled with spectacular creatures, but nothing of sort compared to the sight that laid infront of the god. It was a crystal lotus beautifully reflecting the colors of the universe, floating atop a clear translucent lake that resembled a starry sky.  "Is this...." The God gazed at the nymph in awe.

"Yes, Rex Lapiz, this is the flower of life. If this gets corrupted, the world would fall into chaos. For ages, I have not let anyone enter this place. Not until I've met quite a god like you." The nymph uttered, her eyes sparkling as she gazed upon the flower.

The god was left with no words to utter. 

"I feel security in you, Rex Lapis." The Nymph whispered as he held both of his hands. "Should there come a time when a mere nymph cannot protect this flower, I want you to guard this flower in my stead."

"I.."

It was true, with stronger gods descending, there might come a time when a Nymph like Azalea would not stand a chance.  Afterall, Celestia favors gods more than any creatures. Still, in Rex Lapis's eyes, none of the gods would ever come close to the nymph.

"You have a power of your own. I only have the ability to borrow from nature. Once they discover the limits of my powers, and pollute the lands only to weaken me,  I would reach my end. "

The god nodded. "If there come a time, you can count on me. Even now, as I promised you before, I will do anything in my power to protect you, this realm, my people, and even the entire Teyvat. Without fail,

I,  Morax, commit my strength to you,  Azalea." He pledged, kissing the back of her hands.