Memories

Five is back but he's....changed. Of course we all have but, he just seems disconnected.

When he's not going on about saving the world, he's in his room writing on the walls, muttering to himself, trying to keep himself occupied.

Every now and then,  he would teleport to the kitchen to get more coffee.
He doesn't sleep,  barely eats, and sometimes he zones out. When he does his eyes sadden, then he snaps back to reality.

When he eventually passes out, his dreams are haunted by his time in the apocalypse.

My room was across from his, I was startled awake by Five yelling and screaming. I went into his room, he was thrashing and knocked over the coffee cup on his bedside table.

"NO!!" "Y/N, please don't leave me!"

I shook him.

"Five. FIVE!"

He wakes up with a start.

"It's okay it's me!"

He was sweating and breathing sharply.

He was shaking.

"Is it okay if I touch you? "

He leans into me. I hold him in a comforting embrace. 
"I want you to breathe with me, okay? Inhale for five seconds, hold it, and exhale for five."
This continued for awhile.  Five was starting to breathe normally. He tries to stand up to get coffee but you stop him, he hesitates then he lies down.

What surprises him a little is you crawling in the bed beside him, moving yourselves into a spooning position.

He holds your hand, and secretly enjoys this moment with you in his arms, for once he doesn't feel alone anymore

You both slowly drift off to sleep and Five finally dreams of something other than death and ash.