Chapter 1

Tilting my head back I sigh quietly. '16:15', Jesus when is this class gonna end?! Slouching in my seat I look around the classroom, noting a couple of other students are clock watching like I was a few seconds ago.

Looking back at the front of class I notice Mr Ray sitting at his desk looking pretty bored himself, god-damn he's gorgeous. With his short styled dark brown hair, chocolate colored eyes and cute butt. Yeah, that's the hormones talking but it's not just me who thinks that. Practically every girl in this school wants to jump on and ride that pony.

The bell interupts my daydream just as it was starting to get good. I grab my bookbag and head for the door. "Sonya, can I see you for a minute please? I shudder as he says my name and nod as I slow to a stop, keeping to the wall so other kids can get to their much longed for freedom.

"Your grades are down since last term. Is something on your mind or going on at home?" 

I look down and shuffle my feet a little bit. "No not really sir. I have to go, I got violin lessons and if I'm late again she's gonna call my mom."

He nods slowly and gestures for me to leave.

2 Hours later

Opening the door a wave of stale smoke hits me. Grimacing I sigh and hurry upstairs before mom notices I'm back and head into my bedroom. Dropping my bag on the floor I kick my shoes off and flop onto my bed, groaning as the sound of another arguement travels upstairs. Why can't they just be a normal.couple and love each other instead of constantly fighting.

"SONYA!" Jumping off of the bed I run and open the door, "GET DOWN HERE NOW!" She sounds pissed so I practically fly down the stairs taking them three at a time. Walking quickly I make my way into the kitchen where my mom and step-mom are, both standing beside the table.

Toyah looks especially angry. My mom just looks upset. I notice a sheet of paper and a pen on the table. I already know what is going to happen so I keep my eyes down and sit. My mom breaks the silence after what feels like hours. "Your step mother recieved a call today from school. They said you've been skipping classes." I look up and make eye contact with her.

"I-I haven't." Looking between the two similar looking yet drastically different women. Toyah chuckles to herself, shaking her head slightly as my moms expression shifts from mildly miffed to just plain tired. Sighing she slides the paper and pen across the table towards me. I know what's coming and decide not to fight this time.  Picking up the pen I ask what I was to write. "I must not skip school, twice on each line, double sided," in my mind I glare at Toyah. I know she lied just to get me into trouble. Causing trouble is what she does best and she loves making my life misery. I begin writing as mom sits at my side and Toyah announces she's going to find something. I freeze, I know exactly what she's going to get.

The special belt.