Prologue

Looking at my sister on her deathbed, my face looking dull, I can't help but find this tiresome. I was told by the nurses to sit here and talk to her since presumably, that'll help her wake up sooner, but I find that hard to believe. All I could think at the time was 'This is boring.'

Harumaki: "I read your novel. . Honestly speaking, you wrote this whole thing based on your kinks, didn't you?"

I awkwardly scratched my cheek with my pointer finger, glimpsing outside the window to the right of her, leaving a snarky remark. "No wonder this isn't selling." As I was thinking about the next topic to talk about, I hear the sound of a messenger notification from my phone. I take it out of my back pocket and check the message, to see 5 missed calls, and a message in all caps: YOU'RE LATE. HURRY UP!

Harumaki: "Ah shit, is it already 5:23. .?"

I had arranged to meet my only friend at a nearby cafe at 5. I assume the only reason I have just one friend is that people are jealous of my looks, which is reasonable. I am very handsome. I get up and go to the front counter, signing my name into the registration record. The nurse looks at me with an imperceptibly worried look before opening her mouth to speak, "A-are you alright?" she asks. My sister has been in a coma for 5 years after a tragic car accident where we lost our parents. I lost my sight in one eye and had to go through rehabilitation therapy for my right leg. Frankly speaking, it's not like I miss my parents, since I can't even remember their faces. They were constantly occupied with something urgent, so I more or less grew up in my sister's and uncle's presence. I can't even understand why she'd ask me this though since it's not like she can help me even if I weren't alright. She's just a nurse. Not even a distant acquaintance

Harumaki: "I'm fine. Thank you for asking." When I politely smiled at her, her face would turn into a soft faint blush almost immediately. I could probably guess both my parents were extremely good-looking. After writing my name I immediately rush out the hospital doors to avoid any more interaction since I was already late, and as expected, my phone blew up with more notifications. As I was about to text her, she called. "..." I was contemplating answering her call since she'd definitely yell until my ears fell off, but still picked up her call anyways.

Harumaki: "I'm com-" Before I could finish my sentence, a feisty girl yelled with all her might through the intercom. As expected, I'm never wrong. 

Ray: "HURRY UP! IT'S ALREADY 5:36, HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND TO KEEP ME WAITING?" I held the phone at a distance from my ear, picking up the pace to the cafe.

Harumaki: "I'm cooming, I'm coming. It's cute how bad you miss me."

I hung up on her before she could yell anymore. "How did we ever become friends?" I whispered under my breath to humour myself. I looked both ways before crossing the street, although there was a no jaywalking sign, there weren't any cars around — So I thought, "why not just this once?" Before I realized it, my vision was blurred. I stretched my hand out to grasp onto something, an abrupt sharp shooting of pain was felt in my head, and everything around me was turning dimmed. A fluid substance of some kind flowed down my face, and the noises around me were getting muffled. My body hurts. As I was gradually opening my eyes, my uncle and Ray were both hovering before me, weeping. I tried speaking but couldn't find the strength to muster any sounds. As my eyes would shut themselves, it felt like my body was floating. Before I realized it, I was able to open my eyes and was in an... Extravagant bedroom?