𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐄𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐩𝐭.𝟏

I'd peer my head out towards the hallway with the door only slightly opened, skimming the. . .unexpectedly bare hallway? walking out of the room cautiously, I'd make sure to shut the door slowly as to not make any noises and alarm someone. Once I was actually outside of the room, I just stood in the middle of the hallway, my face expressing my confusion very well. "Where the hell am I supposed to go?" I asked myself the big question. I didn't exactly think this through all the way, but I should still make some progress today. I have no clue how long I'll be stuck in this 'game' for, but I need to return to my sister and Ray as soon as possible. I realized my bothersome thinking was making me anxious, shaking my head as to tell myself to forget these disturbing thoughts. I won't get anywhere fretting around like this. Just as I was about to continue my little adventure, a faint sound could be heard from behind me. I'd turn my head around, only to see a captivating woman in a. . maid dress? I had almost forgotten I'm now a son of a rich lord.

???: "Hello?" The meek girl spoke, her words sounding as soothing as a cradlesong. As I turned around, I'd look up to meet the girl with long silky hair that glistened like an Aquamarine gem and dark brown eyes resembling the night sky. Her eyelashes fluttered as she widened her pretty eyes, our gazes now shared. As she looked down at me, she quickly corrected her form, bowing her head with respect towards me. How can someone be this pretty?

???: "My apologies Lord Makihara. I am the head maid, Imae." ..A British accent? Despite how tense she was, she tried her best to keep a professionally calm exterior. I gestured with my hand for her to remain tall, the girl lifting her torso.

Yoshiyuki: "Kay, kay. . Continue on with your duties or whatever." I shrugged the girl off, trying to remain cool as always. My flustered state is barely noticeable, I hope, at least. Imae grabbed my wrist just as I was about to take a step forward. Stopping my tracks, I tilted my head towards her, glaring at the maid. Are maids usually allowed to treat their masters or lords like this?

Head-Maid: "A-apologies, but I was issued orders by the Young Lord, Makihara Haruki, to ensure you remain.. resting." She spoke with no worry in her voice, the girl's eyes showing her resolve to heed this order... Just how much power does this body lack..?

Yoshiyuki: "Alright." Imae, who just nodded as she guided me back to my room, wasn't even shocked by how quickly I gave in. But of course, this was the norm. I can barely remember the character of Yoshiyuki, but I do know he was just a character in the middle of everything who died in most routes. Existing, but solely for the plot. The creator didn't even bother to build his character. How cruel of God to give me this life. I'd sigh, walking to sit on my bed as the girl lead me to my bedroom.

Yoshiyuki: "You can return to your master now." I spoke with a smile on my face, aggressively trying to shoo this girl away without explicitly saying it.

Head-Maid: "Lord Makihara, I was given orders to watch over you. Please do not mind my presence and continue to rest" ....Great. Annoying bitch. I muttered under my breath, cursing the girl in my head. I was gradually getting agitated, just clicking my tongue. She had a look of bafflement on her face, presumably due to my behaviour, but I could care less about feigning to be 'Yoshiyuki.'

Yoshiyuki: "Please. You can stand by the door if you have to, but I would like to be alone at least." I wouldn't provide an excuse as to why. If I'm also a son of this house, why should I have to? I looked over to the girl with a pitiful look.

Head-Maid: "Y-yes sir. I will be in front of the door awaiting orders." She bowed her head before exiting the room. I chuckled quietly to myself, a little smirk forming. I truly am amazing, aren't I? I got up and went to the window opposite this room, opening it. I'd peek my head out to see how high up I am.

Yoshiyuki: "The second floor, huh.." I'd look over to the door, then back outside of the window.

"Since this is only the 2nd floor, I probably won't hurt myself?" I asked myself, scratching at my cheek with my pointer finger while I thought this through. Just as I was about to jump, I noticed someone walking along the path. They looked up towards the manor's windows, and saw me-

???: "..Yoshiyuki..?" With their eyes widening, they had a stunned stare that appeared to be horrified.

???: "W-wait! Yoshiyuki, don't jump!" I screwed my face in frustration, both hands barred on the window frames as I lifted a leg to rest on the window's stool. Steadying my body, I'd soon jump from the second floor embracing for impact with my eyes squeezed shut. I felt a... kinda soft cushion beneath me?

Author's Note:
Sorry this chapter is short >.< I've been kinda busy with school. I'll be sure to update more regularly.