forty-nine - dweebles

SONGS FOR THE CHAPTER

voodoo doll - 5 seconds of summer

a world alone - lorde

this love - taylor swift

-

michael was in an airplane.

he couldn't really believe that he was in the airplane, or remember how he got into the airplane, or how he got arabella who was sitting next to him -her eyes shut- into the airplane. but he didn't really care.

all he cared about was the fact that he was in this fucking airplane and he was going to seattle. he and arabella were going to spend the last week of summer in seattle.

he turned his head to face arabella, and he was surprised to see her watching him.

"i thought you were sleeping." michael said softly.

"i was, but then i woke up." arabella said shortly, turning her head away from michael, and out of the window. he had given her the window seat, in the hopes of being a good boyfriend. she hadn't put it to much use though, having been asleep for most of the six hour flight.

michael on the other hand, had been awake the entire time, too anxious of what was to come.

he placed his hand gently over arabella's, which was resting on the middle partition, and interlaced their fingers. she looked away from the breath-taking view the airplane window offered, and at michael instead, deciding that his face was better than any view.

arabella smiled nervously, "i can't believe we're actually doing this."

michael nodded, he was nervous too. he was kind of afraid for arabella to meet his parents. okay, well not really his father, he was a pretty laid back and chill guy, kind of like michael, except less of an asshole. no, michael was more concerned about his mother. arabella was a shy person at first, although you wouldn't be able to tell if you knew her. but michael remembered the first time he met arabella, and how quiet she had been.

michael's mother, karen, was one of your typical, loud-mouth mothers. he was afraid that she would coo over arabella for a little too long, and it would get too much for arabella, and overwhelm her. what if arabella thought michael's mom was terrible, and too affectionate? he didn't want his mom to mess anything up for him. he had done the best he could himself, and it had seemed to work. he didn't want someone else to come in to the picture and fuck everything up. again.

"what if your mom hates me?" arabella blurted out.

michael furrowed his eyebrows. so apparently arabella and michael were not worried about the same thing. he wanted to laugh. his mom, hating arabella? as if.

"she will not hate you." michael assured her.

"you don't know that! what if she thinks i'm not good enough for you, or she doesn't like the way i dress, or the fact that i practically stole you away from sophie, who you've told me countless times that she adored." arabella whined, squeezing michael's hand anxiously.

he couldn't help but let out a slight chuckle at her worry.

arabella glared at him, "what?"

"nothing, just you."

"what about me?"

"my mom could never hate you. she'll take one look at you and probably assume that you're too good for me. and her loving sophie? sure she liked her, but she knew that i never loved her. she knows that i love you, and that will be enough for her to love you too." michael promised, meaning every word that he said.