Except You.

I was sitting alone at the flat. I had a rough start to my morning which led to a bad day as a whole. George and Fred were working downstairs, and I didn't have the heart to disturb either of them. My birth mother sent me an owl with a letter that ruined my breakfast which i threw up, i then accidentally spilled juice on George's favorite shirt(I gave it to him when he first moved into his flat). After those horrible events, my identical gingers were out the door. I tried to read but my book got really sad, so sad I couldn't bare to stare at the pages. everything was a disaster. I've been laying under my covers for hours. George and Fred won't be home for maybe 4 hours, so I prepare myself to take a nap. that's when i hear footsteps and a slam of my door opening. I jump out from under the covers and look to see a tall, beautiful figure. "Georgie?" He sighed and I saw his body slightly relaxed. "I just got a feeling you were upset and needed to see you. Are you alright my darling?" At that point my tears couldn't contain any longer. "George I've just had the worst morning. Everything sucks and I hate everything and everyone- I'm sorry Georgie", I said between soft sobs and sniffles. The next thing I knew, he was sitting behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist tightly, making me feel safe in his embrace. My heart was filled with content as he lied soft kissed across my cheek down to my neck. He kissed a spot he knew tickled, in return gaining a giggle from me. "Ah yes there it is", George whispered, his head buried in the crook of my neck. "There's what weirdo?" I raised an eyebrow and rubbed the inside of my cheek with my tongue. "My favorite sound dear. I love the sound of your laugh, It's the most beautiful sound. I wish I could just listen to you forever." As he spoke, he began fiddling with the hem of My shirt. I could tell he had that giant, goofy, smile plastered across his face without even having to look. This made my heart just completely melt. The way he knew how to cheer me up. The way he could always make me feel safe. This man is my home. Then I was thrown back into reality. "Shouldn't you be getting back to work?" My heart sank just a little at my statement, never wanting to let go. "Nope, I knew I wouldn't want to leave you, so I got Percy to cover me. Is that okay my love?" The butterflies had once again returned, as well as my huge smile. Although he looked quite concerned for me all of a sudden. George grabbed my chin and turned my head to look at him. "You look tired darling, shouldn't you try and sleep after all the crying? you had a long day and deserve some rest." I shook my head no, but I was also rubbing my eyes while shoving my head onto his chest. He sighed and moved me over before standing up and walking away. I was sad that he left, I was hoping he would stay while I slept. One, single tear crept up into the corner of my eye, before hearing someone enter my room and close the door. I look over to see George back. He's in some shorts and a grey tank top, showing his beautiful, freckled arms. He has his old quidditch hoodie in his hand as well. "Sit up for a moment love." I willingly comply slightly confused. He gets on the bed on his knees in front of me and starts rolling the hoodie as if he's putting it on. Understanding the moment, i lift my arms up and allow him to place it over my head and stick my arms through the sleeves. He smiles softly and pecks my forehead. I lay on my side and soon after, George comes up directly behind me and holds my waist, placing his face into the crook of my neck like before. "I'll always be here to try and make things less horrible, even if you hate everything and everyone." He spoke quietly and a bit shaky, as if he was worried to speak what he spoke. I sighed and intertwined one of my hands in his. "I hate everyone except you George. I love you."