5

Kevin ---->

(*************************************************************************************)

The first few hours of the day went as planned. But as they passed a fair, Jen's mood changed.

"Kev, do you really want to just drive?"

"Why 'pretty one' do you wanna change your plans?"

She just nodded keeping a straight face.

"Where to?"

"We just passed by a fair. I want to go there."

His legs hit the brakes automatically.

"Are you serious Jen? You want to go to the fair?"

"Yup."

"What are we? School kids?", clearly he wasn't interested.

"Is there a protocol somewhere saying only school kids can go to a fair? And it is not like we have been to many fairs when we were in school."

She was right. They never went to the fairs in their 10years of togetherness.

"Alright, we'll go to the fair.", he reluctantly agreed. He didn't want to disappoint her.

"Thank you."

"Just because I love you, don't think I won't say no to you."

"I love you too.", she said with a genuine smile which melted his diseased heart.

"Dr.Miller has advised me against getting in such rides. You know that right?", he asked her as they entered the gates hand in hand.

"I know that. I don't want to get into the rides either. We can just have a look at the stalls and also eat something."

"Okay.", he said kissing her hand.

"I'll get something for us to eat." Before even Jen could reply he left her. She saw him walk to the stalls, but didn't follow. Around 10 minutes later Kevin caught up with his girlfriend with a variety of eatables in hand.

Hours went by as they walked around doing nothing other than holding hands and kissing.

"Why do you keep on looking at your watch? Do you want to leave?", she asked irritated.

"No."

"Then....", he cut her off.

"Come with me.", he pulled her towards a nearby gift shop.

"Why are we here?", she asked him.

"Why does anyone go to a gift shop other than to buy gifts?"

She glared at him in response.

"Pretty one, look at that monkey."

"You want to buy me a stuffed monkey on our 10th anniversary?"

He nodded and three perfect O's appeared on her face.

The vendor handed the stuffed animal to Kevin.

"That animal has a fortune in the side pocket. This is the last one left."

"We will take it.", Kevin said and paid for the toy before she could even protest.

"Open the side pocket and check for the fortune."

"Its not for me. You open it. I don't want it."

"I'll take it. But you are my lucky charm. Now open it for me."

She couldn't resist the cuteness with which he said that.

Her eyes widened as she put her hand inside the pocket.