6

George ---->

(*************************************************************************************)

"What did uncle George say?", little Elsa asked her parents.

"We are getting to that darling. You are becoming like your mom, 'impatient'.", her dad said air quoting the last word.

"Oh really? Am I impatient? Then what is the word for you mister?"

"Don't fight mommy. It's bad."

"Okay, we will continue with the story."

"Yay."

"You didn't let me finish baby."

"Dad...but."

"Be patient little one. Let's have lunch first.", her dad said to her.

"Okay daddy.", their fight was long forgotten.

As daddy went to prepare lunch, mommy and Elsa went for a bathe.

"Daddy, I'm ready. Tell me the remaining."

"Have your lunch first baby. After that we'll continue."

After lunch, Elsa insisted on listening to the remaining part of the story instead of going to sleep as usual.

"Okay now. Be silent and listen.", her mommy said and Elsa obeyed without any argument.

Jen and Kevin met at her place the next morning. They had planned to tell her uncle about the engagement. They knew he liked Kevin and all, but they weren't sure about what his reaction would be to the big decision they had made.

George was in the living room, reading the morning newspaper.

"Kevin, do you go home only to sleep? Whenever I see you are here." George asked as he saw the duo enter. He folded his newspaper and kept it on the side as he turned to face them.

"Do you not like me being here George?"

"You want the truth? Of course not."

Even as he said that, all the three of them knew that was not the truth.

"Okay then, Kevin. I think I cannot stay here anymore. You know it's a yes to your question."

That caught George's attention.

"Yes to what?"

"What do you think?"

"Jen, did he ask you to move in with you?"

When Jen didn't reply to that he turned to Kevin.

"Did you?"

"Even better." Those words were enough for George.

"Kevin, I need to talk to you."

As Kevin stood from his chair to follow George, Jen interrupted them.

"Uncle, I want to talk to you before that."

"Sure."

Jen followed her uncle to his room.

"Uncle, I know you want the best for me."

"I do kid, I do."

"I don't know what you told that 14 year old boy, 10 years back."

A smile appeared on his face. Therefore, Jen continued.

"I think it's safe to assume that that boy has kept his promises. Else you wouldn't have allowed him to be with me."

"True."

"Before you say anything to him I want you to know that, I love him. Moreover, he loves me. We have considered the problems we might face in the future. But the most important thing is, we have survived all these years and we know for sure we can face all the problems that come in our way, however hard it may be."

"I understand dear."

"Thanks uncle. I will send him in."

George spoke up as soon as Kevin came in.

"You never told me you were going to ask her to marry you."

"I am sorry. I should have."

"Then why didn't you?"

Kevin explained to him why he did not tell him before asking her. He did not stop there.

"I know, after all that you said to me 10 years back, I should have."

"But, you know, I am ready to go through that session again if you want me to. But I need you to know that I love her and will do so until my last breath."

"Boy, will you allow me to speak?"

"Yeah sure."

"Kevin, she has gone through a lot of things in her life." Kevin nodded in agreement.

"I know she loves you and you love her as well."

"All I want is for her to be happy. Keep her happy."

"I will, till my last breath."

"And I believe you."

Jen was on the phone when the two joined her.

Kevin hugged her from the back, leaned in to kiss her cheek.

"It was Uncle Eric on the phone. He wants us to be at their place by six. He has arranged some dinner."

"Dinner? What is the occasion? Sam never told anything about that."

"That might be because you did not tell him that you were planning to propose me?"

"Might be."

"You better tell him you are sorry. I cannot stand him, but you two fighting...I cannot even imagine that."

"You're right."

"What kind of dinner are they having?"

"Don't worry; it's not a black tie event or anything." Jen told her fiancée.

"I am also invited right?" George interrupted the lovebirds.

"Yep. You are too."

George left saying that he would meet them directly at the venue.

At around eleven, Jen started searching for something to wear for the dinner.

"I don't have anything to wear." She complained.

"Pretty one, you wear any one of those" he pointed to the collection of dresses she had in her wardrobe " and I assure you, you'll be the most beautiful lady there."

"You will say that mister. You have to, since you are stuck with me."

"Oh no pretty one. Believe me when I say that."

"Ok, I believe you. But I don't know which one."

That is when it clicked him.

"Why don't you wear the dress I got you on your birthday? The one you said you will wear for some special occasion."

"You mean that black dress?"

"Yep. See this is a very special occasion. This will be our first dinner after we got engaged."

"You are right."

By around three thirty in the evening, she was ready. They went to Kevin's house so that he could get dressed.

She wanted him to suit up and he didn't. Finally, both of them agreed on the suit, minus the tie.

All eyes were on the duo when they walked into the restaurant dressed in black and white.