02 | dedicated to the meet cute

[ 02 ]

[ 02 ]

DEDICATED TO THE MEET CUTE

────────

dedicated to their meet-cute.
to her. to him. to them...

────────

I READ, QUIET, and am calm for her.
Her writing had happiness and life within its own.

✗✗✗

Dear Hale,

Do you remember the day when we meet? We didn't meet to compete for either's hand. Neither did you hear me sing and climb a tower without stairs. We had something much more original, much more soothing. Funnily perfect.

"We" started at the court. The basketball court. When Hayley took a layup, and both of us rushed to take the rebound like kids running to a pile of candies. Instead, the ball landed in the hands of your best friend, Alex. He laughed like a third grader as we stumbled into each other. I remember your face flushing red with anticipation.

The next evening, we met again. And again. And again.
Months flew like days with you beside me.

As odd as this may sound, remember, love is odd. Cause love, it's about being selfless, caring, and dauntless; all of it, just to see someone else smile wider every day.

Hale Walker, I love you not because you love me more, but because you are 'magic' in one word and 'perfect' in another. You make me feel like I never thought I could. My heart only ever wanted to beat with yours.

We zing only once in life, they say.
I zinged, on a sunny day, over the basketball court now filled with memories I'd give up everything but you to relive.

Will you relive them with me? Give up everything and everyone to just relive "us"? Relive the worst, the best, the perfect, and never change a moment? Because I will, Hale Walker. I will walk through the dirty, and the perfected streets as they were and are. From the start to the very end, I will fly through them. But will you. With me?

For Walker, those were our moments, our learnings, and our love story. No one can destroy them.
They were meant to be, just like the burning desire in me, for you. Relive them with me, in dreams and reality. 

Swim through them with me.
~A. Windson

✗✗✗

My face feels wet even though I don't remember crying. Her words make me cry for more.
I suddenly have the urge to read every book Alaska ever wrote again. Her words are words written with desire and love. They are all I ever dream of being in.
Her, her fantasy, and the warmth they promise to carry.

I will fall into them without getting wounded. Dive into them without getting wet, and wish never to forget their never-ending beauty.

I shall read her letters each morning and make my day the happiest I can find it to be.

Because her words are my only home left. The only way to keep my heart beating and away from reality she doesn't exist in. Safe under the inked words of love, I shall live, forever.

Because I promise, I promise to relive life with her.

────────

...and to the first ray of love
they ever discovered as theirs.

────────

✦