chapter two.

“You know that the things you put in your head stay there, right?'

'Yeah. But you remember some things, don't you?'
'Yeah. You remember the things you want to forget and forget the things you want to remember.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Road

~

I waited a few weeks before I boarded the plane to Korea. I went on with the initial plan that Jungkook and I thought of, the only difference is that... I'm alone. While walking towards the waiting area where all the passengers were, I took a glance at my phone to see what time it was. My thoughts really are unstable bits of information that just randomly pop out of my mind-- occasionally haunting me. And as I got closer to the seats I felt the place around me slightly blur.

"I'm sorry who is this?"

A flashback of feelings take over as the past comes to haunt me again. I watched the busy people walk around the airport-- wishing I had my mind occupied like they did. Business women, business men, families, couples, and people like me surrounded the place. So I decided to play an app to keep me from burying myself alive with my thoughts. While I was playing, the speakers blasted an announcement...

"The flight from America to Seoul, Korea is now boarding"

With a nervous mind and a heavy heart, I lifted my bags and boarded the plane.

As I walked down the hall, I checked my mental checklist if I missed anything I needed to bring or ask or do. It was close to impossible for me to miss anything-- since I packed up like a month ago-- and with my mom reminding me everyday if I've packed this and that. Do I already have the papers needed? Did I pack enough underwear? all those kinds of things ran through my mind as I went back on my checklist.

I just had one huge bag that contained all my things and one hand carry bag that had all the important things and essentials. I really don't know how long I'll stay in Korea, it really just depends on...well, on Jungkook really.  But I have my hopes up that things will eventually become better-- I just need to see him.

As I walked inside the airplane, I was greeted by 3 well groomed flight attendants with their smiles and their good mornings.  I placed one of my bags up in the bag compartment, and sat on the seat next to the window. Even though my seat wasn't a window seat, I sat there anyway. What? I happen to love windows, and besides, I can just ask the person who owns this seat to exchange seats with me. I opened up the window blinds and stared out of the window, scanning the view of the runway. My eyes landed on a small red plane that had a huge propeller on it's front. I was to occupied with staring at the toy like airplane that I didn't notice that someone had plopped down on the seat beside me.

"Excuse me?"

My head snapped to my side, startled by the voice. "Huh?"

A familiar face looked at me with a painfully familiar smile. "Um...May I ask what your seat number is?" he said, I excpected him to be very much annoyed by me-- I mean who wouldn't its not everyday you find a weird girl stealing your plane seat-- but he just smiled as if I were very amusing to him. He looked cheerful and friendly but it bothered me how this man made me feel like we've known each other for a long time now.

Instead of an answer, my eyes stared at the his face for a good 10 seconds, wondering who that face belonged to and possibly even giving a name to it. I was about to remember when the man spoke again. "Excuse me, miss?" he said waving a hand infront of my dazed face. It occured to me that I was making a fool of myself, but then again, judging by how handsome his face was he might be used to getting reactions like this.