KIM HONGJOONG - Royal

Hongjoong was crowned a week ago as the king of the Horizon District. And now, he is getting married to a very beautiful princess, Choi Byeol of ATEEZ District. She was Hongjoong's friend's, Jongho's sister. You really liked him. He always helped you. No, you weren't a poor girl. You were one of his friends. The wedding was the day after. After that, you'll lose him forever. He obviously won't be the same after marriage. He'd have to spend more time with his wife. Or, he'd be busy as he's the king. Your mind was in a conflict whether you should tell him about your feelings or not. If you did, it might affect your friendship. If you didn't, the truth will eat you up. Exhausting! Someone tapped on your shoulder. You turned around to see your fiancé, Lee Minho standing there. Yes, you too were engaged. "Hello, Y/N!" "Hi Minho!" "How're you?" "I'm good. WBY?" "I'm also fine. So, what were you thinking?" "Nothing important!" "Lie! I know you were thinking about Hongjoong's marriage." You sighed heavily. Yes, you had told him everything before you two got engaged. "What should I do Minho? Should I tell him everything or should I not?" "What do you think is better?" "If I confess, I might just lose my friend. If I don't, this burden will kill me. Problem on both sides!" "In such situations, staying silent is the best option." "I guess you're right! I should just forget my crush." "Maybe, maybe not!" You sighed again. Minho pulled you into a friendly hug.

Léh skip to next day

Today was the day! Today, he'd be getting married to someone else. Your wedding was also finalised. It was the next week. Hongjoong was standing on the aisle. You looked at him. He seemed exceptionally happy, not to mention he was looking as handsome as ever. Guess that was it for your little crush!

Hongjoong's POV:
Today, I am getting married to Byeol. I have to look happy. Otherwise, everyone would know that I'm not happy by this marriage. I admit that forgetting your first love is not easy. But I have to. For everyone's sake, I have to forget Y/N. I have to be loyal to Byeol. I still remember the day all my hopes were crushed.

• Léh flashback •
I will confess to Y/N today. I have gathered my strength. I made my way to her house. I knocked on the door. A servant opened the door. He also informed me that some important guests had visited the Parks today. So that's why Seonghwa couldn't attend our meeting today. I thanked and made my way towards Y/N's room. But before I could take the stairs, I heard Mr. Park saying something. "So, it's final. Y/N and Minho will be getting engaged the day after tomorrow." My world came crashing down. All my hopes were destroyed. I peeked inside and saw Y/N and Minho, smiling at each other. Maybe she's happy with him. I left the place and came back to the castle. I locked myself in my room. After about 3 hours of continuous crying, my mom knocked on the door. I wiped my tears, gathered my feelings that were scattered over all the room and opened the door. "Mom?" "Hongjoong, I've to talk to you about something very important." "Of course. Come inside." My mom informed me about the marriage proposal from the Choi's. I thought that this is a good opportunity to get Y/N out of my mind. So, I agreed and the marriage was finalised.

• Léh end of flashback •

Narrator's POV:
Byeol made her way towards the aisle, where the boy of her dreams was ready to marry her. While Byeol and Hongjoong made their vows, you also vowed to always be loyal to Minho. As they sealed their relation with a kiss, you also sealed your vow by hugging Minho.