'why?' ~ Chp 1

"Just take a swan dive off the roof and hope for a better quirk in your next life"

"You'll never make it Deku"

"Just give up already, demon loser"

"Go for it... My Izu.. My little...Hero..."

Izuku Midoriya, aged 16, woke with a start.

****

He had been living in America with his Father for two weeks now. He had had to move mid October due to a villain attack that caused his Mother, Inko, to gain life threatening injuries. Sadly she didn't make it.

Hisashi Midoriya, Izuku's Father, had to leave early in Izuku's childhood for his job as a pro hero. Hisashi was the American number 1 hero, Ryu - meaning Dragon. Hisashi had called his Son every Sunday from the week he left to try and keep their bond despite the distance between him and his family. Once he heard about what had happened to his Wife, he broke down completely. He had to take a month off from work to try and compose himself while having travel to Japan for her funeral.

Before Hisashi got to Japan, Izuku was distraught. He didn't know what to do without his mother as a pillar of support. He blames himself for her death. The two had been catching up while going for a walk through the woods near the mall, when a villain robbed, bombed and ran from the building. The villain was being chased by Hero's and Police, neither being able to catch him. When the criminal ran past the two greenettes he chose to take one hostage. That one being Inko. The cruel man held a knife to her neck just as the group of Pro Hero's arrived. Izuku had frozen. He didnt know what he should have done. Inko was crying and struggling to get out of his hold. One of the Pros tried to reason with the man to let the Mother go, he pressed the knife in deeper. Eventually after piercing her windpipe he took the knife out and pointed it on a different spot, still on the neck.

At that point Izuku snapped. Both, back into reality and emotionally. He would have started charging at them had he not been stopped by a member of the Police force. He had been shouting at the villain to let his Mother go, only ending in the man stabbing Inko again. At some point, someone had shot at them, trying to hit the criminal. However the man heard and chose to use the Mother as a shield, the bullet hit her knee. Her breathing had been shallow. Too shallow.

About a minute later the cruel man had been arrested. But not in a pretty way. Endeavor - that flaming heap of trash - thought it would be best to just torch the criminal, not caring about the hostage. Inko had had to take the brunt of the flames. And all that could be heard were the screams of her and her Son. Izuku had managed to break free of the Officers hold and ran up to his mother, pleading that she would be ok.

The charred, blood soaked woman lay on the ground with her Son begging her to forgive him. He was supposed to be a hero. Her hero. One that could help his Father and Mother. He asked her if he should still try. Try to be a Hero worthy of her praise.

"Go for it... My Izu.. My little...Hero..."

Those were her last words. Izuku shouted at her to breathe, despite knowing she wouldn't. The boy screamed.

All living thing that were nearby froze. All that could be heard in the usually quiet woods, was a blood curdling cry. One that could have brought even the strongest Hero's and Villains to their knees. It was a cry that screamed 'why? Why would this happen?!' and many were scared of the small muscular boy, clinging to the body of his dead Mother.