my romeo

[y/n's pov]

you've been here for 3 hours.

it's been 3 whole hours before you encounter roddy once more.

this time he's fully dressed, body clad in a tailored suit that accentuates his finest features.

he's running his fingers through his hair, styling it into whatever style he thought suited him (they all did) and patting down parts that stick out.

you stand there, body unmoving despite you willing it to walk away, gazing at the beautiful man stood centimetres away

he notices you, chocolate eyes moving to meet yours, hands frozen in messy hair.

"move.'

his voice is sweet like honey, it sounds weirdly like that human hugh jackman but you ignore that, focusing only on the way his mouth curved so elegantly as he sternly spoke those words in a somewhat derogatory tone.

the world comes crashing down as you realise what he said, what he means and you rush to the side, allowing him to walk past.

he looks at you once more, however in his eyes you see disgust rather than an unreadable emotion.

for some peculiar reason, you feel your heart shatter.

you grasp the centre of your chest, tears prickling in the corner of your eyes.

why?

why does your heart ache so much for someone you have no chance with, someone who looks at you with such disgust and horror?

you watch as he leaves, tail once again chasing him but this time your thoughts are elsewhere.

what a cruel thing it is, to love.