Chapter 5

(Y/N)'s POV

I was walking towards to Jin-Ah's to walk with her to school. Mostly because I wanted to see her brother and fight him but also because she's my only friend at school. Whenever I go to talk to a boy he ignores me and if I try to talk a girl they turn red(I think because they're sick), have nosebleed or worse outright faint. I ring the doorbell of Jin-Ah's house. I wait for a few seconds before I see the door open

Jin-Ah: "Good morning (y/n). What brings you here?"

I look behind her shoulder to see if her brother was here. "Is your brother at home?"

Jin-Ah: "No, he's not he said that he went to clear a dungeon. Is that the reason why you're here?"

"Well partly. Want to walk to school with me?"

Jin-Ah: "...Ok sure" I wait for her to get ready after she's done we set off to school "Hey (y/n), why walk with me?"

"Huh? Isn't it obvious? You're my friend. And besides after you spending time with you, I got to know you and I think you're pretty cool. Especially when you are focused on your studying, your eyes narrow slightly and it  looks like you're in the zone just like Aomine"

Jin-Ah: *Blushes* "Thank you (y/n)" Was he always looking at me so closely?

Timeskip brought to you by (y/n) dancing with Chika

(Y/N)'s POV

I decided to grab some coffee for myself. I walk into the coffee shop and sit on an empty table "One cappuccino please" I say to the waiter. I was looking around when I spot the man I wanted to meet Isn't that Jin-Ah's brother? Lucky! I should go ask him for a fight. I was about to approach him when I saw him with a man in a typical black suit with a typical white shirt underneath and a typical black tie. Man, everything about screams typical. Wait, this attire, could he be a secret agent?! Not to mention he's talking to Jin-Woo so he must be important! Don't worry brother, I'll keep it all a secret.

Next  Day

I was walking with Jin-Ah to school

Jin-Ah: "You know today's the parent-teacher meeting right?"

I become depressed "I know, I know, don't remind me"

Jin-Ah: "Is it that bad?"

I look at her "Last time I just passed my mid-terms and spent a week in the hospital. And that was when my uncle was holding my aunt back. But don't worry this time I think I'll only be hospitalized for 2-3 days this time!"

Jin-Ah: So he didn't try to study? And his aunt sounds scary!

Timeskip to the end of school

Jin-Ah was on the phone speaking to her brother

Jin-Ah: "HUH?! YOU'RE STILL SLEEPING?" ... "CHECK THE TIME!" ... "2 O' CLOCK!" ... "...DO YOU REMEMBER THAT YOU HAVE TO COME TO SCHOOL TODAY?"

She talks for a bit and then ends the call

Timeskip to 5:00

Teacher: "Let's not waste any time and get to the point. Your nephew's scores are the lowest in the class, he just barely passes the tests, sometimes jumps from the window scaring the teachers, one even got a heart attack mind you, and sleeps in class" Teacher went on and on about my score and behavior while I was sweating profusely

 Your nephew's scores are the lowest in the class, he just barely passes the tests, sometimes jumps from the window scaring the teachers, one even got a heart attack mind you, and sleeps in class" Teacher went on and on about my score and behavior...

Every time I hear complain I see a year of my life being taken away

Teacher: "That is all. I hope you cut off his playing time and make him study harder."

Uncle: "He has been studying but it's like he forgets everything during his tests"

Teacher: "That is a problem he has to solve on his own. You should help him in all other aspects of studying as much as you can."

After a while, we leave the consultation room. Aunt has been silent the whole time. I'M GOING TO BE KILLED!!

Suddenly, I see a wooden sword going for my stomach. It's a clean hit. I fly through the corridor. BUDDHA, PLEASE SAVE ME!!

???: YOU'RE PRAYING TO THE WRONG PERSON!!

Huh? Who was that? Oh crap I'm going to crash into someone!  I suddenly stop flying and look behind me to see Jin-Ah's brother

Jin-Woo: "What happened to you?"

"AAAAAAAAHHHHH I'M GOING TO BE KILLED!!!"

Aunt???: "STOP!! DON'T TRY TO RUN!!" I see her getting closer

"AAAAAAAAHHHH IT'S A DEMON!!!" She's coming closer and closer with a demon mask forming on her face

I turn towards Jin-Ah with a peaceful look "It was nice knowing you Jin-Ah. Just know that you are my best friend"

I'm then sent flying through the window and on the track field. I don't know what happened next but I woke up in a hospital.