Could It Be Love

Lady Sophia Charlotte Dorothea Howard the third daughter and fourth child of Lady Karissa and Lord Andrew Charles approaches her father, mother, and stepfather and she walks into the drawing room at Beltane Manor and Lady Karissa looks up at her daughter, "I know what you have come to tell me Lady Sophia."

"What mama are you psychic? Lady Sophia Charlotte Dorothea asks her mother.

"No Lady Sophia Charlotte Dorothea." Lady Karissa tells her fourth daughter.

" I remember when Lady Elizabeth and Samhain and Lady Caroline walked into this same room and they were excited about something."Lady Karissa tells her.

"Who is this young man that has captured your heart Lady Sophia?" Lady Karissa asks.

"Please don't tell me it is one of your cousins." Lady Karissa asks.

Lord Richard William and Lord Andrew Charles and Lady Sophia say, " How did you know mother. It is Lord William Frederick Howard.'

"Oh! The son of Lord Frederick William IV and Lady Isabella Valois ." Lady Karissa tells her daughter.

"Mom. He is the second son of Lord Frederick William IV but does it really matter?" Lady Sophia asks.

"No Lady Sophia. Lord William is the grandson of Lord Frederick William III and Lady Mary Henrietta Grey. We must ask Lady Elizabeth to give him a title and Dukedom." Lady Karissa tells her.

Lady Elizabeth walks into the drawing room carrying four years old Lord Richard Edward IV and following her is 10 year old Lady Karissa Ann and Lady Karissa looks at her eldest daughter, Lady Elizabeth Lady Sophia is betrothed to Lord William Frederick Howard. Do you have a title and Dukedom for him.? Lady Karissa asks.

"I am sure that there is Dukedom on Star Base 12 mom. I will bestow upon him the Dukedom of Cleveland." Lady Elizabeth tells her mother.

"Lord William Frederick Howard is a worthy match for Lady Sophia Charlotte Dorothea." Lady Elizabeth explains.

Lord William Frederick Howard is summoned into the drawing room and Lady Karissa looks up and says,"You resemble your grandfather Lord Frederick William III doesn't he Lord Richard William and Lord Andrew Charles?"

"He does look a lot like my second cousin Lord Freddie. I remember him well. How is the old rascal doing?" Lord Richard William.asks.

"Grandfather is getting old Lord Richard and so is grandmother Lady Mary Henrietta." Lord William tells Lord Richard William.

"Why did your parents pick out the same middle name of William?" Lady Karissa asks.

"My grandfather told me it was because we wanted to honor William the Conqueror of England and he was considered a Great king of England." Lord William states.

"Frederick was considered a great Ruler as well." Lord William explains.

"Very commendable Lord William. You realize that Lady Sophia is Duchess of Kent and she enacted matrilineal primogeniture within the Dukedom of Kent and do you have a problem with this?" Lady Karissa asks.

"No Lady Carey. I have no problems with it." Lord William Frederick tells Lady Karissa.

"Beg your pardon, but my name is Karissa and or if you prefer Lady Karissa.'" Lady Karissa tells him.

"Now let me make this clear. My daughters are not breeding mares for the Howard men. Those times are over with and done. I expect you to love, honor, and respect my daughter. You don't' want to reckon with my eldest daughter, Lady Elizabeth as she is the Duchess of Norfolk Territory and far worse than I ever was." Lady Karissa explains.