Chapter 6 ~ Its Not Over

~11:30 pm at the prison where Kaiden is being kept.....was, being kept~

The officer was catching up on sleep when he heard what sounded like footsteps. He lifted his hat and looked towards the door that was opened. Suddenly a round shaped object caming rolling towards him and a moment later a gas came out making the officer become unconscious. The hooded figure walked towards the monitors. He deleted the tapes where he entered the prison and knocked out the other guards then turned the cameras off. When the figure saw more guards then he sent more gas bombs their way. Soon everyone was knocked out except for Kaiden who knew exactly what was coming have been told the day before. Kaiden spotted the figure as he came inside the cell. "This reward better be worth it. Those detectives dont mess around.." Kaiden said his head still hirting when he was hit.

"Relax. You'll get your reward and when you do, your pain will be no more." The killer said. He had grabbed a knife he had used in the past. It was black with multiple edges like a kitchen knife. Except this one was curved more like a tooth and had a  dark wooden handle. "What do you mean? Enough money for a private nurse or something?" Kaiden asked when suddenly his throat was slit as his eyes widened. "No..you'll be dead..therefore no more pain." And with that the killer walked away.

**Oh. I'm sorry. Did you think I'd let it happen that easily? No no no. This won't be over for a long time. *evil laugh***

....................

I woke up at 1 am because I was being called. "If someone isnt dead or dying then someone will be.." I said really wishing I had had been wrong. "Are you serious? I'm coming right over." I quickly got ready and left my apartment. 

"How did this happen? I want answers."  I said walking into the prison where Kaiden was kept. "I dont know..everyone was knocked out and when we all woke up he was dead.." one of the guards said holding their head. I walked to the security office and found Yaka there. "Mika. There you are. I dont understand I thought we had him....but I got a call and they said Kaiden was dead....so it was another set up?" Yaka said. "I guess so....what about the security cameras. Did they get anything?" I asked walking over to the counter where the monitors were. "No..it seems like this place got hit first. Then when the cameras were off he did what he needed to do and left.." the guard in the office explained his theory. "I cant believe this....I let it happen again...." I said clenching my hands into fists. "Its not your fault...it could've-" Yaka tried comforting me but I cut him off. "No. This is my fault....I should have known it was a set up...I'm so stupid..." and with that I stormed out of the office and went to the station.

...................

"What?! You cant resign!" The chief yelled. "I messed up. It's all my fault that 4 people are dead and the murderer is still out th andere. I'm resigning not only from this case but from my job...if I cant solve a case as simple as this...I dont deserve to call myself a detective.." I said looking at the ground. "No! I don't except your resignation! Your our best detective! It's only been a week and you've gotten farther than any of us have in 2!" The chief argued. "I'm sorry..but if I cant resign..then I quit.." and with that I left the office and went home. "Come on! Dont you think your over reacting?" The chief called out to me but I just ignored him and kept walking.

Yaka walked in and saw tears in my eyes that I didnt even know I had. "Hey Mika. Why're you crying?" Yaka asked concerned. "Its nothing...I'm fine.." I said and finally made it out of the office. I got home and slammed the door. I never wanted to leave but I had to. I couldn't solve this case and I had to resign. I dont deserve to call myself a detective and I never will again. By now gears were running down my face. I hadn't cried in the longest time and therefore they just kept coming and I couldn't stop them. I sat down on the couch and cried when suddenly the door bursted open. It was Yaka. "You cant quit! I wont except this! Your the best of the best and you can't let one case get you down! I was told that you couldnt call yourself a detective because you couldn't solve this. If you quit, then you really cant call yourself one! Ever detective has hard cases but they dont let it get them down!" I didnt know why but this made me cry even more. Maybe because someone actually cared what I did. That hasn't happened in the longest time. Or maybe because someone actually wanted me around. That hasn't happened in the longest time either. Take came over and hugged me until I stopped crying.

"Okay.." I said once I was done and calmed down. "Okay what?" Yaka asked. "Okay I'll come back dummy." I said with a small smile. "Really?! You'll come back?!" Yaka said the biggest smile coming across his face. "Yeah. It's one case. Besides I cant let a perfect record go to waste." I said standing up with the help of Yaka. "Absolutely. That's my girl!" Yaka froze and a light blush crossed his face as so did mine. "U-um..I-I mean cause y-your my friend and all...nothing the sense you belong to me or anything but you know cause-" I cut Yaka off with a kiss my face red. "I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that I'm really sorry...." I said looking down. Yaka, his face as red as mine, lifted my hard up and kissed me. "There. Now your really mine. Let's go." He said taling my hand and pulling me towards the door as a goofy smile settled on his face. I smiled as well as I walked next to him.