Shattered Trust..

Maren couldnt sleep, the night seemed like it was slowly passing. but slower than a sloth climbing a tree to safety, she didnt understand what kept her up.

[The song she will sing isnt mine.. though yk that-]

"Where the Northwind.." she began singing, standing up and left her tent.

"Meets the sea.." she sighs, walking around the campsite, letting her legs take her anywhere.

"Theres a river, full of memory..

sleep my darling safe and sound..

for in this river all is found."

she walks around the tent, eyeing each detail from the dim light the moon was lighting. "In her waters, deep and true..

lies the answers, and a path for you." she hummed, hesitating at Elsa tent.

"Dive down deep into her sound.." she began, remembering that one campfire moment they shared, Maren respecting Elsa boundaries, asking nicely about the scarf..

and the song they song together. "But not too far.." she continues, remembering how devastated she was when Elsa froze in Ahtohallan.

"or you'll be drowned.." she stops, peeking in Elsa tent.

"Hey Snowflake, you up?" she asks, stepping in. she waited for a reply in the dark,
Guess not.. Maren shrugs as she stepped closer to Elsa's bed.

she stops walking towards Elsa, noticing a book between her hands. Oh.. this is the book Elsa seems to be obsessed with. she thought, admiring the leather cover with a tied pencil.

The cover was laced with silver and gold, with the word printed 'Elsa'. though Maren couldnt see the colour, she had just remembered what it looked like.
Along with the pencil, peach-like paint on it.. with soft but dull pink eraser. she smiles, Is she writing stories?

she sneakily took her book, lifting her hand up and sliding the notebook to herself. she gently placed Elsas hand down.

Maren smiles at the achievement, though she thought it through.

This is Elsa's privacy..

You dont want to loose her trust would you, Maren?

.. but i really want to know what shes writing -- no.. this is her private book, no human would look through the fifth spirit's book..

Maren frowns, But one page wouldnt hurt to read.. right?

Maren, think about what Elsa would react if she caught yo-

i dont care right now..

Maren opened the cover, the first page written with 'Elsa's book~'. Maren thought it was so tempting, but her arguement in her mind hasnt stopped.

she flipped over the next page, nothing much written, only her daily duties from what Maren could make out over the dim, dark light shining.

she flipped over the next one, not surprisingly, the page was about Anna. Maren shrugs at the normal, typical Elsa thoughts. she stood up and placed her book on the desk, leaving the tent and stretching. Maren returned back to her tent, humming 'All is found.' and layed down on her bed.

but what Maren didnt know..

was that..

Elsa was awake during what Maren had done.

--/\--

Elsa woke up at before anyone else had, she knows she did because she look around the site, no one was there walking or doing their normal morning routines.

Her eyes was slightly puffy and sore, she felt so heartbroken that Maren decided to sneak through her stuff, though she was relieved she didnt see anything about her. She still felt down and walked through the forest, trying to clear her mind.

Elsa didnt know if she can ever trust Maren again, or not. its a big decision, her brain throbbed, she needed something to calm her down.

She found a small area between a couple or circled trees, though small amount of light was ever reaching. she sat down cross legged at the middle and made a small ice tent around her, seeing if meditation can help.

okay okay.. clear the mind. Elsa thought as she took in a deep breath through her nose, then letting it all out through her mouth.

think about anything else other than Maren breaking your trust.

sir Kseniya, wouldnt he know what to do?

can't believe i trusted Maren and labelled her as my friend..

but she is though.. what crossed her mind to think that?

...

Elsa sat there for minutes, thinking of possible reasons what Maren have done to let that idea cross her mind. Though the more she thought about it, the more her trust broke.

Truth hurts Elsa, get used to it. she thought in Marens voice.

she evaporates the ice, feeling the coldness run through her fingertips. she sat up and left, going back to the camp.

Elsa sees many people have gotten up to start their chores for the day, many people including Honeymaren and Ryder. she decides to try to avoid them, mostly aimed at Maren.

Elsa walks over to Yelena, rubbing her eyes, trying to make it seem like she didnt cry. Honeymaren notices Elsa, she seemed worried and came up to Elsa.

"Hey Elsie." she greets, catching up beside her. Elsa nods and looks around, trying to make excuses. Maren looked confused and looked over at Elsa, "Are.. Are you not going to say 'hi' back?"

Elsa shrugs, fighting back her tears, her heart was stinging, and it made her breathing hard. Elsa felt like she was drowning, she felt the bridge of her nose sting a little, she feels that when shes upset. "Ar-Are you.. okay?" Maren asks, both their pace slowing down. Until Elsa pauses, Maren walked to her front.. surprised at Elsa's face expression.

Elsa looked hurt in Marens eyes. Like she had been betrayed, she saw a few streams of tears run down, Elsa's teeth were clenched together, her brows pointed down.
Elsa wiped her tears with her palms, Maren stepped up and looked at Elsa.. but she refuses to make eye contact and looks away.

All of a sudden you care about my feelings now, huh.. Elsa thought, as she began walking away from Maren, pushing her away slightly with her shoulder. Maren froze on her spot, felt horribly helpless and worthless. What did i do wrong? she thought as she looked back at Elsa.

She felt her eyes sting, her heart beating slow, and her breathing became uneven. Maren fights back her tears, and looks over to the shed and began walking.