Tattoos and Flowers {Prinxiety}

This is just a Prinxiety shot because I am soft, okay???

Happy Pride Month, y'all! 🏳️‍🌈

Third Person P.O.V.

In a small town, on a small street, there are two buildings. Well, there are more buildings, but let's focus on the two. The buildings were two little shops, one a tattoo parlor, the other a flower shop. They were both privately owned with few workers. The owners were men named Roman Princeton and Virgil Addams. Looking at them, it was easy to decide who owned which store. Virgil was covered in tattoos, dressed darkly, had multiple piercings, and seemed to keep an edgy persona. Roman, however, dressed quite cheerfully, and always appeared as such. His hair was always done nicely, and his smile bright. Most people assumed Virgil was the tattoo shop owner, and Roman the flower shop.

Well they were wrong.

Almost all of Virgils tattoos were works done by Roman himself, and Roman loved to brighten his parlor with different types of flowers from Virgils shop each week. It was like mutualism seen in nature, a perfect little cycle that worked for them. Tattoos and flowers, who would have guessed. Roman was always so excited to see Virgil, Virgils heart pitter pattered quickly with each meeting. Not that they could admit it, but the were so hopelessly in love with the other. They liked to pretend each interaction was a small date, and sometimes it almost seemed as such. Sometimes one would trip, and other would catch. Their lips would get a little too close. They would hold hands to prove one was cold.

And they still couldn't take a hint. They'd ask each other get-to-know questions each time like you would over a date. And that's exactly what Virgil was doing one night. He was a final customer, leaving just him and Roman in the place, after he got a new tattoo on his shoulder blade. "Why do you run a tattoo parlor of all things?" Virgil had never asked this one. He was kind of surprised he didn't, but it just came to him. "I've always thought of myself as a creating person. This is just another expression of art. I loved seeing people smile at the pen drawings I'd doodle on their hands as a kid, so I thought why not make it permanent? Good thing too, otherwise I'd never have met you."

It slipped past Romans lips, and once it did, both of them had red cheeks. The only sound was Virgil snapping a rubber band on his wrist. Roman grabbed Virgils wrist to stop it. "You don't need to be anxious with me." Roman promised. When Virgil wouldn't meet his eyes, Roman lifted his chin to make him. He didn't know what it was that gave him this burst of confidence, Virgil wearing his beanie or the fact that the tattoo was of Romans favorite flower, but he couldn't hold back anymore. "Ever." Roman promised before leaning in.

Virgil didn't move, just allowing Roman to come to him. But one Romans lips touched his, Virgil grabbed Roman by the collar and pulled him in to deepen the kiss. Romans hands flew to Virgils hair. They couldn't get enough of each other. Virgils thought Roman tasted like caramel and sunshine, which seemed to fit perfectly. Roman couldn't place what Virgils lips reminded him of, but it was somehow comforting. When they pulled away they were breathing a little heavier, smiling a little wider, touching each other a little softer. They're forehead were touching, and their hands on each other's cheeks. "So when are you gonna take me a on a real date?" Virgils asked, making them both laugh. Roman pressed his lips to his quickly. "How about now?"