Chapter 14: I Misunderstand Too Much

"Morgan! Hotch told us to wait!" Reid yelled after his partner, who was now at the edge of the preserve.

"You heard the scream, we can't just wait and do nothing!"

"But-...fine!" Spencer gave in, taking out his sidearm and following after Morgan.

The preserve was dark, almost impossible to traverse without the help of flashlights, and he wonders how the kids were able to move through it quickly since he hadn't seen a single light on any of them. They had the flashlights attached to their sidearms, and it was still hard to see well enough to not trip.

They had no way of knowing what way the group went, until they heard more piercing scream, and finally, gunshots. At that sound, Spencer and Morgan picked up the pace, making it to a clearing that was illuminated in moonlight and engulfed in chaos.

Both agents halted at the edge of the clearing, shocked at the scene they were witnessing. They could see the group of teenagers on the other side of a huge tree stump that had a clearly dead body on it, fighting what seemed to be a group of men in black tactical gear. From where they stood, they could see the men in black using guns, knives, tasers, and even crossbows to attack the teens, who were fighting back effectively with no weapons they could see.

After some shock passed, Spencer surveyed the entire scene and noticed that it wasn't entirely true. He noticed the Martin girl sitting up against a tree at the edge of the clearing, clearly being guarded by the Mahealani boy who had what appeared to be a lacrosse stick, and ' Is that a giant wolf?!' He also took note of the Argent girl using a compound bow, shooting at the men, and the fact that the rest of the teenagers were faring well going hand-to-hand with no weapons, dodging bullets, knives, and arrows.

In the end he had no idea what to think of what was going on, especially when he saw Stiles standing over a woman with a bat raised above his head, ready to strike.

"Stiles! What are you doing?!" He couldn't help but shout, gun raised.

"I-..." Stiles looked at him, shock all over his face, and the woman crawled away.

The two stared at each other, neither moving or speaking, until one of the men in a black uniform found his way behind Stiles, a knife in hand aiming for the neck.

"Stiles!" Both he and Morgan shouted, unable to react in time.

All of the sudden, Stiles was pushed to the ground by a figure and the knife that had been raised was thrown to the side. Suddenly the man was also on the ground, a woman standing above him.

He heard her speak, "Can't leave you idiots alone for more than a week without you finding trouble, can I?" Despite the dark, Spencer could see that her hand and face were covered in blood, meaning that the man was likely dead. She then reached down to get Stiles off the ground.

Now, he and Morgan reacted, guns trained on the woman and approached them slowly.

"Step away from Stiles!"

She turned to look at them, a look of disinterest on her face as she licked the blood off her lips. She moved to speak but was cut off by Stiles putting himself between her and them, arms open.

"Don't shoot!"

"Kid, get out of the way!" Morgan shouted.

Suddenly, all noise was cut off by a loud howl, coming from the black wolf Spencer had seen before, now standing by the tree stump. He saw the Argent jump up onto the stump, on the edge away from the body and yell, "You are out of bounds!!"

The Martin girl and Mahealani boy moved to the stump, behind the giant wolf, and the rest of the teenagers lined up on its sides, including the woman he had been aiming at, leaving Stiles at the back with them.