Part 10

Landon POV

"Mom, I'm going to the store. Do you need anything" I say grabbing my keys off the hook by the back door.

"Umm, which store are you going to?"

"Just Wilson's." Wilson was a friend of my dad and he owned a little store about 20 minutes away. He actually passed a couple years ago and now it's owned by a guy named Tony but everyone still calls it Wilson's. The store didn't have a lot but it saved us from going 45 minutes into town, so we shop there for most everything we need.

"Well I don't guess I need anything. But take Caleb with you, will ya? He's just about pushed all my buttons."

"Yeah I can. I just need to borrow your keys to get his car seat" I say walking towards the steps to go get Caleb.

"Well they're in my purse on my nightstand, if you don't mind grabbing them."

"No, that's fine." I walk up the steps and pop into Mama's room to grab her keys before going to the twins room. Caleb is sitting on the floor with his little rug that he uses to drive cars on half rolled out.

"Hey little man, wanna go to the store with me?" He looks up from his toys and brings a red truck to his chest.

"Yeah, if I can bring my truck."

"Well, you can bring your truck. But, it can't go into the store."

"Okay." He stands up and reaches his arms out for me to pick him up.

I do pick him up but add "you're getting a little old to be carried everywhere."

He whines a little but doesn't say anything. We head downstairs, say bye to Mama, and head out the back door. I carry him to Mama's car parked beside the house and set him down. "Landon, carry me."

"We have to get your car seat dude." I unlocked the doors and grabbed his car seat and started carrying it towards my truck with Caleb walking behind me.

I open the passenger side door to access the handle for the rear door. "I wanna do it" he says as i trying to lift the car seat to put it in the truck.

"Go ahead buddy." He tried to lift it as hard as he could and he did get it off the ground but he couldn't lift it into the truck. I grabbed it by the top and helped him put it in. "Good job" I congratulate knowing full and well that I did that all by myself.

I then watch as he tries to climb into the truck but he needed an extra boost so I softly pushed on his back until he got in. "Watch you're feet" I say closing the door.

Hopping in the truck on the drivers side, I look back at Caleb. He's fiddling with his unbuckled seat belt. "Buckle up cowboy."

"Land it's broken." He tries pulling on it's but it'locked. I reach back to help him feed it back up and pull it back out before buckling him.

"It was just stuck." I sit back into my seat, start the car and head for Wilson's.

"Vrooommm." I glance back to see him driving his car from the truck to the ceiling.

"Caleb, what did I say about that."

"Well Bubba where am I s'posed to drive them." I think for a second, about to tell him to not drive it. But I remember I do have a place.

"Reach down there under the front seat and pull out that box of bungees." He grabs a clear shoebox out. "You can drive them on the lid."

"Okay, are we almost there?"

"We just left three minutes ago. Still got seventeen more to go."

"Ughhhh Landon. Take me back home, I don't wanna go anymore."