P2: A New Dawn?

Rajeev's POV:

The rays of the new dawn caressed my beautiful wife's face, adding more shine to her implicit glow. It felt so perfectly serene to watch her sleep on my chest and normally, I'd try to lay as still as possible trying not to wake her up. But two things certainly needed her attention, Dev and her classes.

So, I gently poked her cheeks to wake her up. Instead of actually waking up, she snuggled closer to me and tightly wound her arms around me as she comfortably adjusted her head right above my pounding heart.

God it felt so perfect!

However, a loud shrill broke the bubble and sucked the sleep out of my wife. It was Dev and it was his breakfast time! Pavi suddenly woke up like as if she was electrocuted and sprinted towards Dev's cradle. She immediately picked him up and gently rubbed his tummy. The mother's magic was casted on my son as he seemed to calm himself down. I loved to watch her be so idealistic at every role that she plays. I went to my wife and son and slowly slipped my arm around my wife's waist while gazing at Dev's tiny mouth yawning.

I mentally captured a picture of our beautiful family and thanked God for this beautiful gift. Pavi looked at me and adorably pouted at me. Even after all these days, she made my heart flutter with unbounded love. I gently reached her lips and gave her a quick peck.

She smiled in relief and satisfaction and mirrored her expression back. I then gave Dev and Pavi some privacy so Pavi could feed him. I took this time to freshen myself up and after a good, long shower I stepped out wearing a crisp black T-shirt and a dark blue denim jeans. Pavi, who was still in bed, now dressing Dev looked at me and winked.

"I've really got to come to your college and spend more time with you to mark my territory!"

"Ha ha ha, I'll let them know that I am committed!"

"But still, you are a treat to their eyes!"., she pouted with disappointment considering that she could really do nothing about it.

I walked towards her and effortlessly, I did not break my gaze.

I reached her beautiful ears and swiftly kissed her earlobes and whispered, "Well, let I am not theirs, I am yours, got it?"

She closed her eyes and almost let out a moan. God, the effect that her involuntary acoustics have on me, is beyond any rule book!

"Raj ji, we've got to go to college baby!", she said as if acknowledging that she's coming back to her senses.

"So, do you think it will stop me from kissing my wife?", I huskily asked her.

"Ji, Dev is here-"

I looked at my son and he happily looked at his parents and I gently picked him up to pamper and play with him. In the meantime, Pavi stood up, eased herself and then, taking me by surprise, kissed my cheek and sprinted away!

I do love our course of morning romances!

Pavi now stepped out of our dressing table wearing yellow salwar kameez and perfectly matched it with small yellow studs. She also wore her white overcoat and carried her stethoscope in her hand and looked absolutely breath-taking. I did have a jaw-drop moment looking at her perceiving beauty!

A small knock on the main door caught our attention. Still holding Dev, who now comfortably played with the collar of my T-shirt, I walked to answer it. Ma usually drops by to pick Dev up so that Pavi and I could gear up with our college preparations. But today's a new day and new surprises awaited us.

On the other side of the door not just stood Ma, but also Pavi's mother. It was the first time I was seeing her after our wedding, and I honestly did not know how to react. My mother also looked clueless, though a flair of exasperation was evident on her face.

"Daamaadh ji, Namasthe, hope you are doing well!"

I really did not know how to answer to the question. All of us still stood at the entrance and Dev was shifting and kicking uncomfortably. Ma immediately sensed this and took him into her arms. The long silence was broken with footsteps from inside the house.

"Ji, is Ma ji here? I have Babaji's medicines for this month-"

She abruptly stopped mid-sentence, as she witnessed the sight that we were a part of. I turned to look at her. She felt clobbered as a sense of inexpressible discomfort swarmed around her.

I blinked at her and then looked back at my mother and mother-in-law. Realising that all of this was still happening at the entrance of our home, and that I did not reply to her question, I said, "Ji, I am doing good. Please come inside."

"Raj ji, no, I will not allow this."

***

A/N: 

Hello my lovely readers, 

Hope you're all doing well. Sorry for the late update. I've been down with health and  still on the road to recovery. Thank you very much for the 20k+ reads! 😘

Please share your votes and comments! 

I pray and hope that  you and your family are safe from the clutches of the virus and the cyclone. ✨🥰

Stay  happy!  

I love you all! 💜

Until Next Time, 

Rashmi ❤️