P2: Time Apart- 1

Rajeev's POV:

Pre-placement Talks.
Aptitude.
Verbal.
Group Discussions.
Problem Solving Skills.
Presentations.
Technical Interviews.
HR Round.
Resume Update.
Repeat.

This was the cycle that Manish, Sindhu, me and our batchmates were walking through. The whole placement scheme that required us to be on our toes, all day everyday until we got our dream offer was extremely tiring. Manish and me enrolled into a men's PG, while Sindhu also did the same by finding a women's one. We decided to opt out of the hostel facility since we could exercise a degree of freedom, which would help us in utilising it on our preparations.

Though the three of us stayed as eachother's moral support I missed home a lot. Without my family by my side, without Pavi's cuteness, wisdom and physical presence, the whole long distance thing affected me very very personally. Each time, I realised that I had slipped in some or the other way, it was Pavi's voice that brought solace to my heart. She was the hope to my better tomorrow.

"Baby, you can do it.", she whispered in the phone call.

My wife never 'baby-ies' me but the new stage of our relationship did bring out measures to cope up with it all. It had been two weeks and tomorrow I was having yet another interview. The cold night breeze just gave me a much required hug.

"How's Dev doing?"

"Well, he is fine. He wishes is Baba a big big good luck. He knows his Baba can do this."

"Will you tell him that I love him and his mother?"

"His mother also loves his father-"

My heart starting beating faster with her confession of love. Even after all this time, she has that effect on me.

"Pavi, you think I can do this right?"

"Ofcourse baby, why do you think that you, of all people cannot?"

"Nothing clicked till now-"

"Hey, maybe that's not the right thing to happen. That doesn't mean that you are any less talented. Okay?

Good things take time, but great things, take a lot of time. We'll get through this."

"Hmm-"

"Raj ji, you need to go and prepare now."

"Yeah, I know."

"Okay, just close your eyes for a minute-"

"Why?"

"Just do it no?"

"Okay."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

"Honey-", she spoke in a husky voice.

"Hmm-?", I almost let out a moan.

"I am with you, can you imagine that?"

"Pavi, where are you going with this?"

"I need you and you need me too, now more than ever-"

"Pavi, I am on the streets and-"

"Baby, trust me, please-"

I couldn't just deny her. She was simply right!

With my eyes still closed, I said, "I'm on board, Pavi!"

"I have got my arms around you and there is literally no space between the two of us. Your breath is caressing my neck and mine, your cheeks.

Our heartbeats are in sync and rhythmic. We've never wanted eachother as much as we want now. I gently raise my palms and hold your beautiful, beautiful face and stand on my toes. I slowly leave a trail of kisses from your forehead, to your eyes, to your nose and now, my lips is just a kiss away from yours.

You pull me closer by my waist and feel my bare back through my saree. Pleased with your hold I seal the only gap between you and me by kissing you..."

"Hmm-", I let out an involuntary moan.

"Now slowly open your eyes-"

"Gosh Pavi, you bring death to me-", I confess with the effect that she has on me.

"I miss you too!"

"Thank you for this-"

"Baby, you're my husband and I want you to feel better and do your best-"

"Yes, I will."

"Good night sweety!"

"Do you know the effect that you have on me?"

There was a silence and I could imagine her face blushing and her coyly looking away.

Damn!

"I love you."

"I love you more, baby!"

"Good night Pavi. My love and kisses to Dev."

"Yes, I'll let him know. He'd hug back his father and kiss him too."

"Aww, I'd love that."

"Shall I hang up?"

"Baby-"

"Raj ji you should go now!"

"Yeah, good night!"

"Ummah! Good night!"

***