United

'A date.' Alec couldn't get the thought out of his head, it had been rattling around his mind since they stepped into the barren land they currently inhabited. 'Magnus Bane, a date.'

"Are you planning to share with the rest of the class?"

Startled from his thoughts, Alec said, "Huh?"

Magnus replied, "You have had this funny little smile on your face for a while now. Whatever you are thinking of, it must be good. Just wondering if you wanted to share your thoughts."

Blushing furiously, Alec scrambled for a response. "Oh, um, well, uh blueberry pancakes."

"I'm sorry, did you just say 'blueberry pancakes'?"

'Blueberry pancakes??' Alec inwardly chastised himself, 'Why would I say blueberry pancakes?' To Magnus he said, "Well, I was just thinking I would like some blueberry pancakes?"

Laughing, Magnus said, "Are you asking me?"

"No, I mean, I was thinking I would like blueberry pancakes."

With a smirk and a wink, Magnus purred, "Morning after blueberry pancakes?"

Brows furrowed in confusion, Alec repeated, "Morning after?" Eyes widening with understanding, "Oh, I didn't, I mean, that wasn't..."

Showing pity on the angel at his side, Magnus chuckled and said, "Relax darlin, take a breath before you pass out. You are just too adorable."

__________________

Stepping out of the portal, Izzy looked around at her new sun-scorched surroundings, "Not that I'm complaining, I am definitely glad Valentine's ship is behind us, but wow, this place does not look inviting."

"No kidding." Clary agreed, "Dot, thank you so much for getting us out of there." Hearing no response, Clary turned to her mother's old friend. "Dot?" Dot was nowhere to be found. "Izzy, where is she?"

"I don't see her. Did she come through the portal with us?"

"I'm sure she did, there would be no reason for her to stay there."

"Clary." Isabelle said, realization dawning in her eyes, "She didn't exit the portal with us."

"She had to have." Clary was beginning to panic, "Oh, God, you don't think she got stuck in limbo, do you?"

Shaking her head sadly, Isabelle said, "Clary, she wasn't real."

"What are you talking about? Of course she's real! I've known Dot for years."

"I'm not saying Dot isn't real, I'm saying that that Dot wasn't real. None of this is real, remember? That Dot was part of the Valentines ship scenario, but we got out." Gesturing towards the sparse blackened vegetation that filled the barren land before them. "I don't think she is part of the scary 'dystopian future' scenario we seem to be facing now."

"Oh, you're right. This all seemed so real; I keep forgetting we are actually in Magnus' loft. It's all so surreal." Isabelle watched as Clary seemed to come to a decision. Straightening her shoulders, she looked Izzy in the eye and said, "We came here to do a job, and we are going to do it. Let's go find Alec."

____________________

The words 'a date' were no longer rattling around Alec's brain, instead they were replaced by the phrase 'morning after blueberry pancakes'. Alec had never been on a date before, he had never kissed anyone before, much less had morning after blueberry pancakes. 'If they went on a date, would he just expect a morning after?' Alec stole a quick glance towards Magnus, sure he would be oblivious to the turmoil Alec suddenly felt within. Instead, he found Magnus staring at him curiously.