Chapter 9: The Dinner Party

Ryan's POV

I groaned, waking up. I forced myself to sit up in my bed. My wounds had healed but my body still felt sore. I hung my legs off of the side of the bed, whilst rubbing my eyes with the back of one arm. I stood up, shivering slightly at the cold floor. I sat on my deaak chair, getting out my sketchbook. There was only one more page left. I was going to have to get a new one.

I flipped through the pages. I had finished the sketchbook quicker than usual. It was probably because of how many new people I met and how close it was to the anniversary.

I had forgiven Elena, but that didn't mean trust. She had to earn my trust back. At least she apologised. Otherwise that would've been really awkward since I keep hanging out with people and we end up doing things in order to save her life.

On the last page, I decided to sketch Elena. It seemed necessary since I had seen most of the people I sketched in the book, because of her.

Once I finished, I sighed, putting the now full sketchbook with the other ones. I started to search through my drawers, seeing if I could fund an empty sketchbook. Instead, I found a notebook. Inside, was filled with song lyrics and ideas, all of which belonged to someone else, that I loved.

I closed the drawer, picking up the notebook. I put the book on my desk and started to slowly flip through the pages, bringing only happy memories.

...

Stefan's POV

I skimmed a rock in the lake next to the lakehouse. Then, I skimmed another one. I was enjoying the peacefulness. It was realzing and calm compared to the tense and life-threatening atmosphere in Mystic Falls. My phone rang. I checked the caller I.D before answering

"What's going on?" I questioned him over the phone.

"I showered...I shaved...had breakfast. I'm very relaxed," Damon told me through the phone.

"Makes one of us," I commented, looking at Elena, who was reading one of Johnathan Gilbert's journals.

"I did hear one piece of good news, though. Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night," Damon informed me. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"How do you know?" I asked my oldest brother.

"Well, I heard it from Sheriff Forbes who heard it from a very distraught Carol Lockwood. Thus, ending our werewolf chapter, bringing us to..." Damon informed me.

"Killing Elijah," I finished his sentence.

"Exactly," Damon confirmed.

"It's not gonna be easy. He's crafty," I stated, worried that Damon would try to kill Elijah, it would backfire, Elijah kills him and his deal with Elena is broken, meaning we all die horrible deaths.

"Well, I've got a crafty little dagger," Damon pointed out.

"He's an Original. We don't know what that encompasses," I reminded him.

"Oh, trust me, Stefan. I'm gonna dot all my T's. I don't want any surprises," He informed me.

"Wow, Damon. You're actually gonna be careful for once," I remarked, sarcastically.

"Yes, Stefan. I've become you. How tragic for both of us," Damon joked. Then, I remembered about what Damon told me happened to him, Alaric and Ryan last night.

"How's Ryan?" I asked him, concerned about my other brother.

"The same as usual. Sarcastic, annoying, a little mopey. However, he is a little less mopey than he has been for a few days," Damon informed me. I nodded.