Crybaby

Summary: Zayn is in love with the most innocent boy in the school.

Category: Fluff

Zayn's POV:

I observed him from across the cafeteria, like I did everyday. He was sitting alone, like usual, eating his sandwiches. He wore a cute baby blue pullover with the sleeves pulled up. His curly hair bounced adorably whenever he moved his head.

Yeah, I was in love with Harry Styles. The boy with no friends. The most innocent boy in the school. The boy who was bullied everyday. The Cry Baby.

I remember when he used to run happily across the school fields with his old friends; Niall, Luke and Ashton. He used to always have a dimpled smile on his pretty face and a sparkle in his eyes. But the sparkle had gone now. He still smiled, but not as brightly. He still ran across the school field, happy but alone. His friends left him when they finally got annoyed with how much he cried over little things. Like when a bee died or when someone plucked a flower from the ground. He has such an innocent soul, and that was what I loved about him. He was special, but nobody realized that. They just thought he was mentally challenged.

Him and I were polar opposites. I was the badass boy who never did his homework and barely showed up to the classes. I was the heart breaker. I didn't like the title I held in the school. I would've much rather been another Cry Baby.

My friends, Louis and Liam, didn't like Harry either. They thought he was pathetic. I wasn't really keen on my friends but I didn't want to be a loner. Louis and Liam were bullies too. I was also known as one, but I never actually did anything to anyone. Physical or emotional violence is never the answer.

"Zayn? You there?"

The voice shook me out of my thoughts and I turned around to see Louis giving me a weird look.

"Hmm?"

"What are you staring at?" He asked, scanning the room for anything I could've been looking at.

"Oh, uh, nothing. I just zoned out." I replied sheepishly.

"Hmm, okay." Louis frowned, before continuing to talk to Liam about something.

I looked to see that Harry had gone. I sighed and turned to my own lunch. Soon enough, the bell rang and we chucked away the remains of our food and headed to our next class. I took a seat in the back corner, sitting alone. I had English on my own as Louis and Liam had gone to Maths. I sat alone because I wasn't typically close with anyone in my class.

"Hello class, today we are writing poems. The poems you're going to write will-"

The teacher was interrupted by the door opening. I peered at the front to see the one and only Harry Styles, hunched over and panting slightly, tears in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry for coming l-late, s-sir." He sobbed.

"Ah, look at him, crying again. Pathetic!" Some irrelevant boy shouted from somewhere in the classroom, making Harry cry even harder.

"It's okay, Harry. Go take a seat." Sir smiled sympathetically.

Harry glanced around the room, searching for an empty seat. He made eye contact with me for a few seconds before sitting down beside me, since it was the only empty seat in the class. My heart started beating rapidly and the butterflies in my stomach went crazy. I loved being close to him. It gave me a sense of comfort and safety. There was just something about him that felt like home to me.

"As I was saying, these poems you are going to write will be about the person sitting next to you. You have time till the end of this period. Have fun!"